1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Purchase, Transfer, and Gifting of Founder Pledges

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If you pledge on your own directly, you will not get the Early Founder rewards or pricing. You had to pledge before May 2013 to lock in Early Founder status yourself, though others can still gift it to you today.

I've helped several people get Early Founder status that weren't from the US. PayPal auto-converts currency. And it is easy to set up a PayPal account.

I'm biased as a PayPal employee, but I do love PayPal as a service and recommend it all the time (typing this from my desk at PayPal currently).

RDouglas likes this.
  2. Gipsylass

Gipsylass Avatar

That's okay, but being from Germany that was the easiest and fastest way to do it (I don't have a functioning Paypal account) - I had to pay 45 $ which added up to 65 $ (including the Alienware bonus), that's not that much in Euro ;).

I don't know what I'm missing out on (as far as the Early Founder rewards are concerned), but I hope it's not too much.

According to the page where I pledged I should still get the rewards listed, I hope so anyways.

3. Marcx

Marcx Avatar

I did not read the entire thread and I'm sorry for it..

I have a friend who bought the game as a founder and now if he looks the pledges he will get a page like this one:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/zv93i9.jpg

That is obviously different from the one a new backer will see..
    What I want to know is: if he (the old player) will buy a new pledge with all the founder items (because he can see it in the website) and gift it to a new player, the new player will get all the items, or the pack will be downgraded to the new version? :)

I think the second one because the 4/7/14 is already passed, but want to be sure!

Thank you for any clarifications!

4. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

No, unfortunately Founder pledges (not founder tier) can no longer be purchased. No matter if he is a Founder or not. Any new pledge purchased will be considered Benefactor pledges. Your friend can see the founder rewards because he can still upgrade his current pledge to the next tier in which he is entitled to receive the founder rewards from that tier also. With all that being said, the one loophole, if your friend had purchased multiple founder pledges before the April 7th deadline, he could give one to you. You would then have to email customer support to merge your 2 accounts.

Time Lord and Marcx like this.
  5. Marcx

Marcx Avatar

Thank you, I already knew, but I want to be sure on this :p

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

So if I already had early founder status and upgrade to a higher teir that has housing do I Still get tax free and all the early teir items?

7. Sir Bradley White

Sir Bradley White Avatar

Yep. I had contacted support about this, and they said yes. Once a founder always a founder.

RDouglas, Time Lord, Koldar and 2 others like this.
  8. Marcx

Marcx Avatar

It makes sense :D

9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If you're a Founder or Royal Founder, you always keep that status, but you can no longer upgrade to new tiers at Founder pricing. However, if you upgraded to let's say Knight at $800, you'd still be a Founder Knight, but you wouldn't get the Founder discount.

rune_74 likes this.
  10. Marcx

Marcx Avatar

Basically you pay the new price with the old privileges :D

RDouglas and enderandrew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.