PvE Group Tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hej,

looking for challenges for groups.
    We are to weak for Krul or Rise or CP, but too strong for Grannus, Ulfheim and Crag Foothills.

Something in between?
    No repeatedly Bosskilling wanted.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but as for Group on Group - you have CPs and just work them to a level you can get, then get off and let them retake it.

Other than that there are mid level bosses, Reapers, Trolls, some of the Bosses in Shardfalls are higher leveled also.

If in PvP areas just have to pay attention and once you leave check the oracle, to make sure someone did not bind steal from you.

With idiotic changes to Ransom coming prob going to make Shardfalls even more of a waste of time but for now not to bad.

3. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I would think you could do The Rise as a group. You could probably do the mage room the old school way and pull them 1 or 2 at a time. We have a lower level group that does that. How about that place in Braemar?

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Some are really low, we tried to pull some in K'rul entering from K'rawl and died in seconds.
    I don't think Rise is going better.

What is in Braemar?

How do you know when doing a CP when it is enough and not die and flee then.
    Hie do you know it is resettet?

We are 2 what are in the 70ies level.
    I'm 78 and the strongest char.
    2 others just began and i want to support them.

5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

That is a town on the Hidden Vale. I believe there is a dungeon in there with multiple rooms. The last room has a ton of liches that require kiting around statues.

I hit K'rul from Bloody Bay and just run to the monkey room... I am there now actually. I really don't like that place due to all the knock downs but the monkey room is good XP although boring. Good for farming when mostly AFK.

Maybe Greymark Forest to kill Reapers? There are some high level mobs in Sequanna Colossus and all of the other Colossus zones.

I have not been other then a quick run through but what about checking out the Caverns of Skrekk?

6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Have you guys tried out Sieges? They can be fun and I find them a bit harder that Crag and the such. It could be a good spot for some tough fun thats in between

7. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Have you tried Naryad Woods or the Kobold Expeditionary Camp on Norgard Island?

8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Greymark Elves are all Green to me
    and Reapers are maybe somewhat to hard, but maybe we can try.
    Sequanna is too easy, the Skeleton Spawn seems nerfed, the last time i was there only few skels spawned.
    Grannus' last Zone is good, but then they critted too hard, but that's the right challenge as a group atm.
    Skrekk and K'rawl we did already and were stopped in K'rul.
    Not that much Mobs, barely 30k xp in 1,5 hours.
    To me solo Crag Foothills is the best.
    Relatively easy to kill Elves, good xp, but less fun with a group, you're finish in seconds.

Worth to visit and explore, but xp?
    Maybe worth a try, but the archers hit hard, i guess most will die quick if they got aggro.
    Problem here is, if they dont know what to do or if you dont manage it solo the group triggers aggro and wipes.
    This needs coordination and focus fire on Archers and Mages.
    I'm not that raid leader type of gamer :p
    Yes Kobold Camp is on our doorstep, but gets boring after a while :rolleyes:

The game really needs some more Sandbox content :confused:

bigta1982 likes this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Usually if you enter them from the right spot (especially for hill sieges) you dont get overwhelmed by too much, and then its just a matter of : Archers > Mages > Rest. If you want I could tag along and help you guys and show your friends how its done, I really enjoy doing sieges and find the loot and exp rewarding for the challenge, compared to other zones

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok Sorry about this, but this is a problemo_O - You say you want to play with a group but you are not a leader or play with a plan? :oops: If you at least get a group and understand that the primary targets are the Archers then Mages then Mele then a group works;). If all you are is a gang of players who run amock hitting everything you can see you are not really a group but a mob? :eek: Does that make any sense :cool: I know it may not be what you want to hear but that is how almost every thing works with groups you have to have some organization to succeed. :) A group that works as a group will survive, a group of individual will work but usually only with overwhelming numbers?:(

If your groups go out like I think you do with little communication during the fight, that is all well and good, but if you are truly a group, just stay together,:p and make at least a minor plan to deal with one target then the next and next . . . .:D

Otherwise sorry but you are doomed :(

11. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

In my group, our minds are as one.

12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

thanks but i know how its done - well 2 of this group are around level 30 or so.

@Weins201 well thats a little bit misinterpreted and overexxagerated. I wanted to say that i'm no TS oder Discoird VOIP User and dont want to constantly say others what to do.
    Archers and Mages first i said and thats it. But i also understand if someone want to level Chainlightning, but in some Situations it's maybe not that good :p

All this Levels/ Gap between Players is something i dislike from the heart. It only seperates people or makes playing together dumb.
    either you feel worthless in a group of higher levels or you feel op and have no challenge.

I'm trying to find something to have fun with new characters and help them here and there, but gamemechanics discourages me to do so.
    I can got with them healing only, but i then get aggro and can oneshot the mob. boring.
    I can take them with me to higher tier areas, but then they feel worthless or do things that kill me - like using chainlightning :p or whatever.

cant help, but PvE it's best as SP and grouping is 1. not neccessary 2. not rewarding

Cordelayne likes this.
  13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:) Agreed :)

Stundorn and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.