pvp 25% bonus? SOLD! will YOU flag for pvp more?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Raistlyn, Nov 16, 2016.

?

Will you flag pvp more often due to the 25% exp bonus?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2016.
  1. YES

50 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. NO

92 vote(s)
    64.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

lol. Never

2. Numa

Numa Avatar

I think we have to think of this as a gradual progression in PvP incentives so as to attract more & more new blood. Right now we"re seeing the vanguard of braver souls for which +25% EXP is enough to get them to try it.

Not really afraid of being camped - I remember an instance in the mobile game Order & Chaos where another player got me 2x during a quest in a PvP zone and hung around obviously wanting to have another go.

That's when I sat down in a comfy chair and started reading a book. Half an hour later (he was persistent :) ) the player got bored waiting and took off.

Port is obviously intent in reviving the PvP scene so expect more bonuses in the near future.

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

..you...
    Ill be looking for you.

And also agree.. the xp doesnt change anythong for me, we would be flaggen pvp in a week anyways.. this wss just like a healthy kick in the ass by dev to get us to socialize outside friends mode heheh

No idea why.. i just really wanna hunt you down.

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

No, I will not flag for PVP but I don't begrudge the intrepid PVPers this bonus which I view as a compensation for hardships incurred in the course of their gameplay.

5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I'm not flagging because of the bonus, but I'd be more likely to flag knowing that it is now slightly less awful in terms of efficiency than farming in SPO.

Dealing with pvp whilst farming slows one down, but more than that, dealing with MPO slows things down much more. Someone taking my tree seems more likely than someone taking my life out there.

In my pvp experiences other people in pvp didn't always come after me on sight, some of them ran on sight. Maybe my relative weakness was too scary to contemplate.

I like the danger of pvp, but the biggest reason to avoid it, for me, hasn't generally been because of skill imbalance, or fear of being attacked. While it adds excitement to the game, it also does make leveling/gathering slower (especially since you may not want to wear your finest gear) so the incentive now is still weighted towards avoiding pvp.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    licemeat, Audacity, Numa and 2 others like this.
  6. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

No, I will not voluntarily open myself up to harassment in games, and attacking others for no good reason is something I would never want to do to others.

Pvp with objectives, and where it is clear who the enemies are with semi even chances for each side to win/be defeated is where I'll jump in, rewards for me
    are not the issue, fun and camaraderie is, for both sides.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  7. Numa

Numa Avatar

I wholeheartedly agree - we need factions.

Jivalax Azon and Budner like this.
  8. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

.....nah

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  9. Shade Baneborn

Shade Baneborn Avatar

It won't make me more likely to pvp, no.

I am just getting interested in pvp honestly...much less open pvp...but am curious ( as I haven't been able to find one really ) is there a definitive PVP guide?

Don't get me wrong:
    The forums here have a ton of knowledge. Youtube is good. Players in game are a great help....but one thing I find lacking (especially for people new to the game, or gaming itself) is a established/approved, clearly available collection of guides...

Maybe I'm just not seeing them?

cobran likes this.
  10. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

There should be a "Maybe" choice. Maybe for me. I don't know. I suck at PvP directly because I usually stick to magic, and in other games participated heavily in PvP but as support / heals.

And, yes, I am going to hijack "your" thread, because it's not really "yours", unless you own Portalarium. :)

My thing is that I never got to fully explore the Ruins, which after reading the Sword of Midras, I really wanted to go see Opalis, etc. I see wanting to create zones for PvP, but man I wish they didn't with the Ruins. Now with Midras getting a polish in R36, I may just venture in there to check it out and risk losing some bones, coin and/or my dignity.

Vox Aquila and Sara Dreygon like this.
  11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Anyone died yet?!?

12. golruul

golruul Avatar

Nope.

I'm not opposed to the incentive, I'm opposed to how they did it. I read the current incentive as desperately recruiting sheep for the wolves to kill. As some have openly admitted, they are doing it just for the xp bonus and will avoid all PvP -- in other words, the sheep. To minimize the wolves' gains, the sheep will use unlootable gear and probably clear out their inventory regularly.

They need to link the incentives to actual PvP. For example, they could have implemented a vendor that exchanges bodyparts for XP potions. This directly encourages PvP (because you need to PvP for the bodyparts), rewards people that actually want to PvP, and won't result in sheep getting drawn in for the slaughter.

Tolerable idea (xp incentive for PvPers), garbage implementation.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  13. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

I havent played in last few releases, but when i did i was FLAGGED PvP all the time and not once did another flagged player attack me. Not sure if thats changed but i sure hope so.

14. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Seems that we need 50-100% exp bonus to make PVP interesting to the mass :D

Vox Aquila and Fister Magee like this.
  15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Not a requirement at all. Its an incentive. This effects you not at all if you dont flag.

And it IS fun to the people that want to do it. If you want to sit and grind safely, then yea you make 100% exp just like normal. If you want to farm with a risk of having to fight someone you run into, then yea you get 125% now.
    Its not exactly a massive advantage to a farming group.. as it can cost them. Simply dont flag if you dont like it.. All i see is this getting the fence sitters like myself (who always go into friends instead of MMO outa habit) to make a mental note and playo n MMO more.

Why would you flag PVP if you plan on sitting there grinding safely for exp anyways? Seems kinda redundent.

Numa and Sara Dreygon like this.
  16. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

So far its been pretty unfair for anyone who wasnt a mage.. there was 5 pretty obviously PVP dominent skills. So theres very little difninitive.. tho honestly with the resistances it seems like EVERY build has a good chance.
    The only thing i DONT like which i reccomend, is Silent movement.. no reason not to have it.. everyone and their dog is running stealthed all the time.

I put up a thread about peoples IDEAL PVP dream builds.. yet very little interest in it.
    I listed a few of what i noticed as the dominent skills.

As for guides? .. click and kill!

Shade Baneborn likes this.
  17. Curt

Curt Avatar

NO i NEVER flag for PvP and will never do it.

I do play in multi player normally except when i need to talk to NPCs that tends to have much slower response in multi player.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  18. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Because I wouldn't have to grind as long? At 25% bonus it turns 4 hours of grinding into 5 hours of reward, Fairly small, potions do that. If it instead doubled EXP and turned 1 hour into 2 It would be considered mandatory, predators or no.

Numa and Sara Dreygon like this.
  19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Guess you will have to weigh the gains over the risk. Just no complaining that PVP ers are killing you.

Gaelis likes this.
  20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I've removed my +11 gear and put on +4 cheap gear. I'll be flagging and headed into shards right now. I'll be recruiting people in guild to party up and roam the shards. If no one else is in the shard, we'll just farm it for exp.

Im all in with this change baby, finally some PvP love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.