PVP and looting people

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xee, Nov 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I just rarely have PvP activated…most likely if I end up leaving PvE scene A and entering PvP scene B.
    But I generally have no problem with losing my self-crafted stuff I’m always wearing and I think I lost already more than one complete gear set that I had to create anew as I’m not willing to pay the price of the oracle because if someone thinks it is cool to kill me in an ambush and undress my dead body I accept that but maybe I add him to my ignore list. Being in PvP is in my understanding not a reason to attack everyone you see and if you do that outside of a tournament you are simply a bandit I as an avatar do not want to interact with but sadly I just have the option of the I think to 10 entries limited ignore list as there is no mechanic dividing PvP avatars into sportsmen or body-strippers.

I would say what we need is a mechanic that is valuing your actions in PvP somehow.
    E.g. if you could see the avatars who killed you and next to each entry you could vote what kind of PvP kill it was out of your perspective. The system itself would calculate its own result out of the bare stats (lvl difference, damage distributed, damage received,…). Finally each day the system would compare the vote, the system result and the voter’s own reputation to define the consequences for both the killed and the killer as slandering could be valued too.

And some simple consequences could be the color of the PvP-tag that is visible to everyone.
    Never looting killed avatars = white PvP-tag
    Just killing weaker avatars = red PvP-tag
    Just killing stronger avatars = yellow PvP-tag
    Looting everyone you kill = black PvP-tag
    False statement about PvP kills = gray PvP-tag
    For each kill the system is adding a +1 to one of the categories and the category with the highest value is active but regardless of your active tag color the PvP stats would show the ranking in all categories.

Another possibility could be the option to create a bounty for killing someone. E.g. automatically the value of the gold you have to pay in the price of the oracle is added as bounty but you could also add some additional coins if you like...maybe even to someone who not even killed you e.g. if a guild leader would like to declare someone as victim. For the first kill of such an avatar you get (once) 10% of the current bounty and just after a defined time you can claim again a bounty for this avatar to make misuse (e.g killing yourself with a second account) less effective. The higher your bounty the more visible you could be in PvP (e.g. scene markers pointing in your direction, special colored entries in the friends list with the current position, …)

And finally maybe looting someone in PvP should have risks like that it takes time just as harvesting some cotton and while you are doing that you are unprotected and others might attack you even if they are just doing it to abort your looting.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Bedawyn likes this.
  2. Restless

Restless Avatar

I agree with the mechanic changes Lars has brought up. The reputation system in UO is loved by almost all I have talked to. It would be great to see a system in place in SOTA. Guards in regular towns and optioned in player towns would also be a great addition for RP and immersion.

This reminds me that combat zoning was supposed to be taken out two releases ago. @Chris You said on stream it would be fixed along with using ladders. Why is it still allowed?

@Ravalox

Dhanas likes this.
  3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

nobody is buying this crap

4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Who is this?

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think stealing is currently disabled completely. I tried to steal from my alt and i couldn't get the glyph into my deck anymore (it wasn't even listed in the subterfuge skills on the left side of the deck builder) and its greyed out on the passive bar. Unless i did something wrong.

6. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I am the guy who killed you 2 times in a row in a 1v5 fight where you ate an immortality fruit.

7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

OMG... Bieber! Still out touring?

8. SaltyPerro

SaltyPerro Avatar

I really like the idea of PVP only currency that is account specific. Tie them into rewards you can only get from spending the PVP currency or exchangeable for COTOs as a money making alternative. Killing someone in PVP should net you a base rate + a small percentage of their obsidian currency. It now rewards people for farming in PVP zones, provides rewards and consequences for PVP and it doesn't force anyone to PVP, but it gives them an incentive to try. No major downfall for new players because they will have little to no currency to use and gives PVP zones a much needed boost to be worth fighting in, without making them a necessity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.