Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PvP and play in Multiplayer to get a 25% boost to exp or no

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Nov 9, 2016.

?

25% boost to exp to play flagged PvP and in Multi PLayer mode (PvP world)

1. Yes good idea

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. No bad idea

23 vote(s)
    51.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golruul

golruul Avatar

So if the devs are dead set on giving xp bonus as "incentive" to PvPers, they need to link it to actual PvP. Another example of linking it to PvP would be to have a vendor that takes X body parts and rewards the player with a potion that increases XP gain for Z hours. To get the potion, you need body parts, which is acquired through PvP, which directly encourages actual PvP.

Devs need to stop with these "avoid the thing we're trying to encourage while reaping all the benefits of the incentives" garbage. This is also the reason why increased crafting resource incentives for PvP is a bad idea -- people will avoid PvP and try to get the increased resources. If they want to do this, they need to do something similar to above -- turn in bodyparts for potion that gives increased resource gain.

Obviously devs would need some guards against edge cases of people farming each other for potions.

Elwyn and moko like this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Unfortunately two cooperating PVPers can easily farm body parts.

moko likes this.
  3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

The problem with this is that it's so very, very easy to "game". I could easily farm a friend or an alt for body parts and have xp pots for days. The dev team is working to help incentivize pvp, and I see that as a GREAT thing. I sincerely wish all of the players here who are so opposed to it because of things that happened in the past in other games would take a deep breath and give it a chance. Let's test it and see how it works before we all freak, and let's have a little faith in the devs to listen to feedback and make appropriate adjustments.

majoria70 and Bow Vale like this.
  4. golruul

golruul Avatar

As mentioned, devs would need to put in some guards against this.

Meanwhile, there are easy mitigations they could do to contain this behavior. First is to make the potions bound to character (i.e. can't trade, can't sell, can't give). Second is to have time frame/limits on how many potions you can get. So, for example, if the xp potion lasts 1 week, then put in claim limit to max once per week.

moko likes this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I believe he is talking about current UO not ancient UO.

Current UO: EA tried to make Felucca more desirable over the years as it really became a ghost town. They came up with horrible implemented ideas like double resources (which SotA has) and champ spawns for powerscrolls. These things just made PvPers able to charge large sums of gold or real cash for these items that Trammel only players could not get any other way.

Ancient UO: The first few years before Trammel came out.

I hope this clears it up as when most people talk about UO they are talking about changes made to EA's real UO through out the years up to 2016. Not freeshards and not the few years before Trammel.

Gaelis and Bow Vale like this.
  6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Well put.....

7. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I think they are changing party mechanics too. If you are not within 30m of the kill, no xp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.