PvP flagging fix

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Humbert_Humbert, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Is there a way to just boot people to the overland map when they switch their PvP flag? If I'm flagged PvP and see someone who is not it would be nice to not have to worry about them flagging and killing me when I'm busy fighting something else.

Thanks

Dhanas, Sara Dreygon and Bob Kelso2 like this.
  2. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Why would I have to leave if I came into a zone flagged? Why can't you switch to friends only? Why don't you ask for zones to warn flagged people that players wish to boot them to the overland map for no reason? Who the *self-censored before @Berek sees me saying in a post what everyone knows I am saying out loud right now* do you think you are? Don't flag if you don't want to be killed. *gets a necromancer to raise the dead horse to a fire breathing beast that scorches folks that wish for this.* You may as well wish that people who are flagged couldn't be pick pocketed.

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

why should i flag me PvP?
    dumbest idea i can imagine :p

Ravicus Domdred, curt and 3devious like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

both of oyu are not getting his reasoning - might be misworded -

but

he wants a player that is NOT flagged to get bumped out if they just flagg when they wander across someone who is flagged and do something to flag and attack them without warning.

True he could just play in Friend only but his reasoning is sound - the mechanic is flawed and favors a gank not a true PvPer.

Womby, Mac2, Stundorn and 1 other person like this.
  5. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Yes sorry. I meant for someone going from non PvP to PvP to be able to attack me.

Guess I'm beating a dead horse though. Did the devs say why they haven't corrected the issue?

Stundorn likes this.
  6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Well will not see any meaningful PVP or sandbox element before Q2 afaik and is presented by Portalarium. So all interesting content concerning PVP will be post release.
    Maybe the current flagging system will make sense... maybe not :)

Stundorn and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  7. 3devious

3devious Avatar

They haven't acknowledged it in any definitive way. People have said something before they said that they would rather give people the free hit but that was a long time ago. They seem to shy away from making any changes one way or another until they get the release out. I'm hoping they give us a real PVP setup. Until then we have avatars who refuse to flag until they fix it or make it meaningful. We can't even heal strangers so I believe we're not going to see any action on on this until the spring. Well now I won't have to make you kick Caska's butt when I see you in our dojo!

Numa likes this.
  8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I reported it as a bug that you could cast light on someone, for example, and flag PVP, and then kill them - which was ganking/PK - and was told it was 'as designed'.

See link here.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Numa like this.
  9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

This can be easily solved via in-game systems.

First, reduce auto-flagging PVP to causing damage to a PVP player. This is done via a targeted glyph attack or spell that causes damage. Light, heals, and other spells that cause no damage or heal damage do not apply. Perhaps include charged attacks, as well, since you know the attack is charging. Auto-attacks will not do damage, so will not count. That is, you know you are attacking someone. If you are not flagged PVP and do that...

1. You are automatically flagged PVP
    2. Your valor, honor, honesty and courage values-- at the very least-- all take major negative hits.
    3. You have no chance at all to unflag PVP until you raise all the affected values to at least zero, or whatever the neutral value is.

If you are not PVP flagged, and are up front with the PVP player, and challenge or accept a duel, you remain unflagged.

10. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

So a PVP person can have a following non-PVP group of healers following them around constantly healing, and casting Light on an enemy PVP person, and they will not be able to be touched because they will never be flagged PVP?

Seems as if another fix would be you can only change your PVP flag on the world map, or within interaction distance of the Oracle.

Womby and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

when they implemented this I explained the exact scenario that is happening. It fell upon deaf ears....

Mykll and Weins201 like this.
  12. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

It aint easy being cheesy but sota pulls it off in this scenario.

13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

for one thing: It makes the Oracle null and void. It makes the oracle head kickstarter reward null and void. You no longer need to go to the oracle to flag. It is a direct violation of what the story line presents. This was my main objection to it being implemented. Other than that it is a greifers paradise. You can see a flagged person playing/farming or what not. You get your friends together and gank. He cannot initiate if he perceives a threat. He can only get mobbed by the group trap. Yes, it is very exploitable.

14. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

That's what happened to me. Two guys who weren't flagged didn't attack me for awhile. As soon as I got low from mobs they flagged and killed me.

15. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

A reputation/justice system would solve this.

16. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Well then neutral and positive effect spells will have no effect on the PVP'er, and still won't flag the casting person because...... It is not a direct attack.

17. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

Is it too much to ask for just to copy Ultima Online on this part of the game?

18. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

what do you expect - honorable behaviour?
    Sure some aren't PK oriented PvP'ers, but you should know better if you flag for PvP that there is no honor in war, just blood and cruelty.
    All they want to teach us about honor and such is romantic propaganda to lure people into war.
    No matter if we talk about 16th century samurai code of honor, Knights of whatever, Avalon, the Round Table and the Holy Grail or Gentlemens Agreement of whatever war.

"The whole war presupposes human weakness and is directed against it."
    Clausewitz

"There is never any lied as before the election, during the war and after the hunt."
    Bismarck

"War is a game of smiling. If you can not smile, you should grin. If you can not grin, you should not look for a while."
    Churchill

"Not the one who takes the weapons first is the instigator of the disaster, but the one who compels it."
    Machiavelli

"You become soldiers. A soldier does not think. He only obeys. Do you really believe that if a soldier thinks, would he give his life for Queen and Country? Damned unlikely!"
    Dravot

The one who for the first time used an insult instead of a spear was the founder of civilization.
    Freud

"The world is not threatened by the people who are evil, but by those who allow evil."
    Einstein

"There's a wolf lurking outside, he wants my blood. We have to kill all wolves!"
    Stalin

"The secret of power is to know that others are even more craven than we are."
    Ludwig Börne

;)

Ajivani, Numa and Humbert_Humbert like this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

Realistically it won't eliminate it but it would certainly lessen the number of incidents - which is all you can hope for really.

Stundorn likes this.
  20. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Ok I'm trying hard to understand here. What do you do if you're in a zone and you see ?'s on the nearby players screen ? DO you first run around the entire zone to see where they are so they don't jump you? I mean. what's to stop anyone already flagged from stealthing up and ganking you when you're on low health? Isn't that part of what PK's do anyway?

Bankee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.