PvP flagging fix

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Humbert_Humbert, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Yes, this is exactly it, there should be a Virtue consequence to your actions. The rest can remain the same.

I am actually surprised this mechanic does not exist yet. How can Murder and Theft (pickpocket) not affect ones Virtue?

3devious and Mac2 like this.
  2. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Funny thing is: I found myself flagged because I healed a flagged player while doing the monkey room. I guess PKs came to fight the party while this was happening. My biggest fear was not a gank but when we got back to town I'd run into a thief, lol.

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

You should submit this as a question for the upcoming telethon.

Also - choosing to return someone’s items via the Price of the Oracle menu - or their tombstone - will affect your virtue currently.

Stundorn and 3devious like this.
  4. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Does it do that or is it something you are supporting? If it does that I think it's cool. If not I think it should.
    I would also think it'd be cool if you had an active defense from your pocket being picked. There should be a trainable skill that would allow you to detect pick-pocketing attempts as well as skills for concealing it.

5. Echondas

It does this currently :)

3devious likes this.
  6. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I never knew you could do that (I am never on the looting end of such a transaction!)
    Nice to know you can if I ever manage to kill anyone.

7. Echondas

It affects your "Courage":

[​IMG]

8. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Not sure I understand the reasoning behind that but then again... Shroud Math... So you take a courage hit for picking someone's pocket? I think you could argue that one either way. In a way it is kind of ballsy to roll up on a girl like me clad in a bunch of metal with a big stick that ends with a sharp blade + the way our governor claims that I "blow people up on the forums" (fake news.) Others would say that stealing from the unaware like that is a real ^&*# move and you should take a courage hit. The game has no way of knowing whether is is brave to steal from me or not. I would make you a greasy spot on the floor for stealing my stuff but I suck at combat so the likelyness of that being a truly dangerous activity is nil... for now.

9. Echondas

Not sure about pickpocket - but you gain courage if you don't loot someone you dueled - or loot and then go into the "price of the Oracle" and return the items. I kinda think it should be love not courage - but meh?
    (I don't think there is any virtue hit for keeping the items, but I haven't tested that..)

10. addrox

addrox Avatar

PvP flagging Fix ... (Blue = non PVP flag --- Red = PVP flag)

If a BLUE initiates an attack on a RED ... blue player goes RED for 8 hours
    If a BLUE initiates a heal on his Teammate while teammate in combat with RED .. blue healer goes RED for 8 hours

If initiating BLUE kills RED and loots RED for 12 hours

Thieves
    To unlock Pick pocket you must complete a Thieves Guild Quest - Completion of quest flags you for PVP for 7 Days ... after which you must pay Thieves Guild Dues (amount to be decided and make it relatively fair) every 7 days to remain a thief. If you choose not to remain a thief and PVP flagged then you just simply do not pay Thieves guild. If you wish to become a thief again you must again flag and unlock your pick pockets skill but dues get a little more expensive each time you join (Thieves guild get pissed at you for leaving and coming back) but not overly expensive.

If you steal from players you become RED to them for 8 hours and red to the rest of the community for 4 hours.

Something like this ... needs refinement but you see where I'm going.

Bounties could also be placed on players but these bounties can only be redeemed by plays who accept the bounties.

Example:
    So I can set a bounty for 10k (only on someone who went RED on me or killed me for example) and let me set WHO can redeem my bounty, example guild? or Certain person? Or my Friends list etc... something like that.

If you get killed when a bounty is on you ... +3 hours RED

What you get from looting dead bodies and how thieves steal can be updated to make it worthwhile ....

And of course you can always see how much "RED" time you have by asking the oracle ... and it will respond with something like "you have 3 days 2 hours 44 minutes left ..." or something like that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.