Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP here, there, or everywhere? discussion

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Bluefire, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Exactly.. for me people not participating in PVP are not even gamers ^^

2. Curt

Curt Avatar

A suggestion from a PvE person.
    Now when people walk on the overworld there is occasional random encounters dragging you into a scene.

Could have so with pvp flag set you would NOT get dragged into random encounters
    But one or more pvp players could setup a ambush in some place and if a group of pvp: players pass that place
    they is getting dragged into a scene (with the ambush)
    But hopefully could also have so if one side greatly overpowers the other the chance is less
    As i assume that PvP is more fun if its not a cakewalk for either side.

Womby likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Oh, time for another shameless plug:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...m-encounter-pve-pvp-mini-control-point.43800/

Womby and Steve D. like this.
  4. Jon B

Jon B Avatar

It should be if you play multiplayer online anyone can attack you even in City but of course guards will protect you. However out in the open away from City Gates you would be free game and lootable. No newbie protection away from towns other then your wits and skill. That is ideal and realistic to me also killing players with no crime committed have severe consequences.

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

There is this over protective guardian called the oracle. I'm not sure why but she seems to protect avatars with her powers. However at any time an avatar can request that protection to be removed and it is exactly as you stated, without that protection ANYBODY can attack you at any time any place period.

There are also some places that prevent the oracle's power from protecting people. Seems like the black rocks or obsidian shards from the cataclysm emit a strange power. Places like that anybody can be attacked by anybody regardless what the oracle wills.

Is the oracle evil? PvPers might think so. However I would say to you that if you want the risk, then go to the oracle and remove the blessing of the oracle, or just simply cast a spell on or attack a player who doesn't have the blessing of the oracle, and the blessing will be removed from you till you go back to the oracle and ask for protection again.

If you want to PvP, flag for it. If anybody (including a party member) heals you or whatever they too will be flagged for PvP (blessing is removed till they speak with the oracle). Performing an act that will flag a player PvP has a warning message though. Hope that helps.3

However shardfalls have unusual ammounts of resources, and they make for a great place to gather resources, but they are very dangerous (creatures and full pvp). Try going there. the blessing should return when you leave those places, but while you're there those big obsidian shards make it a free for all. Gather at your own risk.

6. Jon B

Jon B Avatar

Good info and appreciate the response you provided. I've hopped into the game after final wipe. I went v into a pvp zone and there was no one there. So pvp zones or (shardfalls) hAve good mining spots?

StevieD likes this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Some have lots of wood, and cotton. People really need to go harvest in these zones.

Also the creatures and bad guys in these places are 5 skull and give lots of XP for leveling the xp pool.

More people need to go to these spots because there is a lot of benifit. Especially if nobody is there to pvp with.

So check it out now before players start crowding the places.

8. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

We need PvP player Online

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I wouldn't give up on it yet. To be honest I don't want to PvP at level 11. LoL However if the Shardfalls are empty I might go there asap. Plenty or reward and ... no risk ... right?

Somethin inside tells me, there is a powder keg in the next room and PvP is just one spark away from getting lit up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.