PvP in a Non-PvP Zone [event, testing, and feedback]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Violation Clauth, Jul 12, 2016.

?

Can you attend this event to help us test performance of large scale pvp events?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2016.
  1. Yes

30.8%
  2. Maybe

30.8%
  3. No

38.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Hey guys!

Just finished our guild meeting last night and during the Order of Vengeance hour of the End of the World party for R31's streamathon we plan on holding a PvP tournament that's a hybrid from some of our past events. There are some twists here!

We've had a lot of people mention that systems are broken and I personally don't feel like they are so I wanted to explain what I'm looking to get out of this event and have everyone here contribute in whatever way they felt best (yeah, everyone, even PKers!)

The Event(s) and Testing

1st: The concept that consensual PvP cannot be an effective form of players fighting players. (verified, works fine, King's Day Tournament was in a Non PvP arena)
    Test: Use a non PvP zone

2nd: The concept that the game's current performance makes it so we can't pvp large scale. (verified, performance is a blocker for large scale pvp based on previous results)
    Test: Hold another PvP fight that targets fast based combat during another stream... last time it had a ton of performance issues so this time we'll use a basement and see if it's any better!
    Test 2: End of the World streamathon PvP event

3rd: The concept that PvP flagging is bugged (verified, not a bug)
    Test: Installed a brand new computer and logged into an existing Avatar on a fresh install from Steam. Tried to attack a PvP flagged player and was prompted that it would flag me PvP. Tried to cast a heal while still targeting them and was told it would flag me PvP. Turned away and pressed ESCAPE and healed myself with no warning and did not get flagged PvP.

4th: The concept that PvP flagging isn't functional in it's current state
    Test: Hold an event where we do not ask people to PvP flag or not... let them decide on their own and see how it goes. Have elements of the fight that could easily flag them PvP so they get the prompts.

@Minerva will be planning this event. What we decided in the guild meeting about the event is...

It will be grudge matches (a form on 1v1 or 2v2 that's designed to have fast paced combat) in the Keep (duke castle). If people don't challenge an opponent we'll move into requested fights from the crowd. We will have a couple people from Order of Vengeance handle the scoring and announcements of the fights.

NOTE: if you don't want to be automatically flagged PvP then BOTH of the following options MUST be checked based on our internal testing:
    [​IMG]

The Feedback
    I would like to see in this thread would be based on how you felt the experience was. As a spectator, as a competitor, as a combatant, as a ?party crasher?, etc. Let us know what you thought of the event and if it met your thoughts of a successful pvp event or not.

Thanks!

Acred and Luca Xante like this.
  2. Matholith

Matholith Avatar

Count me in! :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Minerva likes this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

Being there to add to the stress test is one thing... but I got to say: everything else that's written seems very naive.

I might as well just write a thread stating that there's no crash bug because my client never crashes. "See? I did the test and it works great!"

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

We've tested a lot of these and have a lot of issues... simply being there is all we need to see if the issues have been fixed or not. The more clients active in the scene the worse performance gets... at about 40+ people in a combat zone it gets really tough and 60+ basically makes it grind to a crippling hault. That's all I'm really asking for... just show up if you can and we'll see the rest :)

5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Err, so... event plans might have changed... I heard @Chris might stop by so... if you don't like death you might not want to be flagged pvp... because... well it's Chris... and he likes dev hacks.

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.