Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP MINE PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Bryweyh, Aug 15, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Can we, please, have mine where its strictly pvp where there is risk and reward...lets invoke extra benefits as far as more quantity of ore but at the risk of being killed. Possibly obsidian veins? Bring some more ideas to the table and lets see what exciting things we can come up with!

2. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Don't we already have tons of empty PVP zones???
    Why add more?

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yes. And they are empty because:

[​IMG]

4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Yup, instead of adding even more PVP zones how about making the ones we already have more interesting? :D

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Would be fine as well.

6. Black Knight

Black Knight Avatar

I'm not convinced that resources is what draws PvP players to a zone. My experience it that ore nodes draws miners.

Wouldn't you rather have a zone filled with people who is happy to fight you rather than having to pounce on miners who's rather you left them to their own devices?
    That being said, I agree that there should be a reason not only to be in the zone, but also to fight each other. And I'm not talking about the infamous "full lootz" but rather some other mechanic.
    Something that is worth fighting over, something that would benefit you or your entire guild perhaps if victorious.

I think what the current zones need is purpose. It's just a tier 5 PvE zone, where you can get attacked by other players as well to no end.

Tiina Onir, Gix and GrayFog like this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

It's working fine for EvE nullsec.

GrayFog and Black Knight like this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

While you're not necessarily wrong, if PvP isn't fun from the get-go (it isn't), no amount of "purpose" or mechanic is going convince people to play in PvP.

They need to fix:
    • how grouping works.
    • how individuals can contribute.
    • how targeting works (getting shot by an ally that isn't in your party sucks).
    • how flagging works.
    • how death works.
    • how the classless system is balanced.
    Then the overworld needs to change to make PvP areas more recognizable FROM A DISTANCE and show population within each scene. The same goes for the already-existing-yet-empty-arenas in Ardoris and Owl's Head.

Tiina Onir and Gamician like this.
  9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Good idea, reminds me of capture the tower, where a area wide broadcast is made when someone is trying to take it. It seemed pretty effective at encouraging PvP, or at least making a PvP encounter possible even with a low population.

Gix likes this.
  10. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

There may be PVP scenes already but there isn't a a mine scene with f*cking PVP could make it where you only lose what you harvest in the zone to encourage entry level pvp for those willing only only lose what they just earned.. simply saying there is too many pvp scenes is the lazy man's excuse of denying great ideas that could potentially arise from this.

I am sure these are things that are obviously going to be fixed as we get closer to release and don't need further reiteration...others of us tend too look more into the future with PVP ideas and assume that the minor "polishing" of game mechanics will take place but thanks kindly for stating the obvious problems with pvp currently.

11. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Your wrong here.... We have people who go into PVP areas and there is no one in these scenes.. PVP areas already enjoy an additional 20% experience buff because they kept complaining that no one visits these zones and they need an incentive to get them there. Guess what... it did not work.. So they complain that the PVP zones are not as visually satisfying and that is why people do not go there, guess what.. ya is wrong again.. Stated by increasing the amount of resources one can gain while in PVP is better than non PVP and now the masses will come... HA people are still not in PVP.

Maybe one of these days the PVP crowd will find out that no matter what you do, you cannot force the rest of the people into PVP. Game is already hard enough when we lose experience for each death, requires at least an hour adventuring to gain the experience back and it also takes an hour plus to gain 3-4k in gold adventuring. Most of us have a life where we can spend 1-3 hours a night and have other priorities in real life that takes us away from the game.

And to those - @Chris who can state those who do not go and fight in PVP are cowards.. Sorry Sir but this Army War Veteran (Gulf War and Somalia) has a few words for you about being a coward and would LOVE to discuss this comment face to face.

12. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'll add a second to the notion that PvP is completely devoid of purpose (and this inherently leads to it being lacking in terms of widespread enjoyment). PvP zones need PvP purpose, specifically objectives. Capture the flag, king of the hill, etc. and some actual rewards for doing so. Making a PvE zone "PvP" obviously hasn't worked outside The Fall (and lets be real that people are here for their artifacts/experience far more than PvP) so it's time to wake up and actually add something PvP related to promote a tangible and rewardable purpose for these PvP zones to exist.

We need look no farther than the empty PvP zones to realize what has been tried and in place doesn't work.

13. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Allow various artifacts to only be used in pvp zones or your character can't equip it? lol just an ide

14. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Personally, I think there needs to be less PvP zones.

WAIT! Hold on, put that oil and feathers down and hear me out!

I keep hearing that there are all the players who want to PvP; I don't doubt it, because they keep commenting on these forums. It seems to me there just aren't ENOUGH PvPers at the moment for the number of PvP zones. The effort keeps being made by the PvP crowd to push people who don't want to PvP into it; that has, so far, been completely ineffective, and I expect it to remain so. For starters this has ALWAYS been marketed as a game where PvP is purely optional, so you have a large contingent of the playerbase who is completely uninterested in PvP and are here because they were promised that would be respected. So, understand that some of y'all's goal of forcing everyone into PvP, is not going to happen. All you're going to do is drive players away.

So, it seems to me, the reason the PvPers are always going into PvP zones and not finding anyone to fight in them is because at any given point in time you're all going in to DIFFERENT PvP zones. It would be better for you all, if you went into the same zone. There are only two ways to accomplish this:
    1. Mutual agreement (ie: all the PvPers get together and agree to throw a riot in a set PvP zone) or
    2. We decrease the options you have to choose from (if there are 10 PvPers looking for a fight and 5 zones, it shouldn't be very hard for them to find what they seek)
    I consider the first to be a fairly weak option, by itself. PvP tournaments and the like, while great fun, if they are the only option seems somewhat shallow.

We've already got an XP bonus for being in PvP zones, resources exclusive to PvP zones (chaos pollen), PvP zones as some of the most visually interesting zones in the entire game, we've even got a mainline quest that the most obvious way to complete requires going through a PvP zone; yet they don't get heavy traffic. Why? Because they are PvP zones. A significant portion of the playerbase just doesn't want to be PvP. Even if they were willing to do it, they aren't equipped for it; so I have to ask, why are you pushing for them to be forced into it? It's not going to be fun for them, it's not going to be a challenge for you.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Frederick Glasgow and Elwyn like this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Been there done that - - - -every shardfall has more resources. Already tried, sorry but not worth one minute of time thinking about.

You are not going to get players to PvP areas and any thing you do like this is a waste of more time and resources.

PROVEN over and OVER with every attempt to do so . . .

Shardfalls, WOT
    PvP Exp incentives WOT
    Blood Bay WOT
    Fall WOT
    Every single concept above falls in thins simple concept to drag player into PvP areas and every one is a complete utter failure and is basically nothing but total Dead zones.

Elwyn likes this.
  16. Gix

Gix Avatar

@Tiina Onir If players could see on the overworld where the PvP was taking place, that would be less of an issue.

I think the main argument is that there is a low amount of PvPers because most of the game/rules related to PvP aren't appealing. As a matter of fact, the rules more of less encourages people to gank.

There are no factions to rally players against a common enemy. Guilds cannot and will not replace this; the idea relies on the fact that people would care about the drama involved related to resources. Even if that happens, you're still excluding the lone wolves. They don't group because they found people to PvP with, they group because they HAVE to group in order to PvP.

The "dog eat dog" world concept that the devs are trying to push only works when PvP in enforced onto everybody... which is something most people don't care for. That's why UO servers got split. Even Eve Online doesn't do this; they have factions.

I like the idea of having different types of environments to engage in PvP (like a mine or whatever) but I don't like the idea of people going in for something OTHER than PvPing. If you're seeking thrills with the potential threat of someone killing you, that's what the /pvp flag is for.

17. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

PvP ??? LOL

Kigu Starfish (Kor) likes this.
  18. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Lets get rid of FO and SPO and take away PvP protection. Resources and such would be nice if you were forced to compete for nodes instead of having an instance to yourself without worrying about being ganked by someone. Give exp when you kill other players and take away exp to pay those that kill you. Force people to make alliances and enemies...

P.S. This thread wasn't created to find a solution for adding more fun into PVP, I just thought there isn't a PvP mine yet and why not? However, there are many ideas out there that can force us into PVP...i honestly believe that FO and SPO takes away PVP interactions for people that can pick the lesser of two weevils...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah! And, while were at it, just remove 90% of the player-base.

Elwyn and Tiina Onir like this.
  20. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Sounds good to me. I don't want to play with teens and others that want someone to hold their hand while they cross the street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.