PvP mine under the volcano in Blood Bay

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Hemswal The Descended, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

In part, PvP is about risk vs reward. It's also about a little more excitement and a bigger challenge. To get PvP rolling a little more, make a slightly more populated multiplayer only PvP enabled mine with every ore type in it BELOW the volcano in Blood Bay. Maybe include an additional obsidian forge in this place?

Fire elementals and Fire imps (yeah a new mob, color the imps dark glowing orange and give them flame fist) guarding the nodes.

Make lava flow and drip from the cavern ceilings. Make ore nodes spawn earth and obsidian elementals once they've been mined.

Put some of those steam spout (jumpy things) inside the mine to go from level to level instead of ramps or ladders. Make it so they have to be timed or you get damaged by lava on the way up or down.

Put a new sort of gem node in this place too. I dunno, maybe something that gives CHAOS GEMS?

You're welcome for this badass idea :)

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Chaos gems sounds good :)

3. Hemswal The Descended

@Vallo Frostbane You don't like the idea of a pvp zone people will actually use? Only the Chaos gems?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I dunno. If it is spread out through blood bay it would be more interesting and prevent camping that spot. My hope still is that highest level treasure maps will be in Blood Bay :D

5. Hemswal The Descended

I'm suggesting a fairly large zone beneath blood bay. Not a small mine. Sorry if that wasn't clear. It would have to be a pretty big mine for this to work with this much variance.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  6. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Sure, there are better ideas? possibly, but right now anything they can add to shardfall, ruins and Blood Bay scenes is welcome. Anytime I go to one of these scenes I think about hundreds of possibilities.

Like I said, anything is good when you find ghost pvp scenes without any activity other than explore the map one time and never come back. Visually well designed maps, now we need the tools and content.

7. Hemswal The Descended

We need reasons to pvp. Incentive. This would provide that to some degree. Not saying it's the only thing we need. Just 1 request of many.

Sara Dreygon and Rada Torment like this.
  8. CalypsoCallisto

CalypsoCallisto Avatar

I would kill for a zone like this, or die in it, or both! :D I feel there is absolutely no PVP incentive, a small XP boost just really isn't a reward considering the risking of loosing my pooled XP, gear, and gold from being stolen.
    ANY sort of reward in the PVP zones is necessary regardless of PVP balance, it is kind of a joke right now. being so close to release, i feel like a rewarding PVP system should be a flowing mechanic of the game before the launch!
    assorted mining, new monsters, Lava, jumpy steam, any kind of new rewards, yes! a thousand times yes!!!

What about incorporating this idea into all PVP zones, adding semi-full loot zone for "deep" PVP areas within PVP zones (mines, dungeons, caves, underground/under water citys, etc.)
    reagents, potions, resources, (new zone unique mini-artifacts?) all lootable from a player on a corpse, plus the normal price of the oracle for random gear so u don't loose your gear?! that way your really fighting for your right to keep your gathered resources & loot!

However, anything would be an improvement!

9. Hemswal The Descended

@CalypsoCallisto You don't lose XP from PvP deaths.

Thanks for the enthusiasm! :)

10. Bekido

Bekido Avatar

Love this idea :D Sounds like a ton of fun.

CatherineRose and Applerust like this.
  11. zeme

zeme Avatar

You got my super support on this one mate, also ditch the idea for housing in Blood Bay, we don't want it to be clunky and slow... unless you need to PvP for the lot deed in some way to keep the plot active

12. Bekido

Bekido Avatar

nooo dont ditch the housing idea! i want to live in BB!

13. Hemswal The Descended

@zeme Thanks for the support but I kinda want to live in Blood Bay. lol

14. Bekido

Bekido Avatar

want to be neighbors :D ?

15. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I like all of this, and yes! Chaos Gems! I hope so. If the teleporter transported you sufficiently far away (under the hood, fictionally it can be right under the volcano) then we should be able to drop most of the art from the main island (which IS only going to lag more when houses go up) Chaos gems being all over shardfalls and other pvp maps sounds like a great idea too (with at least 1 other location for offline people).

16. eli

eli Avatar

Yep. one place. a vendor ;)

no need to pre-emptively undermine an idea attempting to add some kind of unique value proposition.

17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm cool with chaos gems being a pvp zone thing. Have suggested this exact thing elsewhere on several occasions - I was thinking for shardfalls, not necessarily a dungeon, but either/or.
    Strongly against putting a "good" mining spot in the PvP zone - should be for PvPing and not for attracting victims who are only there for PvE aspects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.