PvP Mine where you only lose (ransom) the Ore you get there when killed

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

As we were battling tonight, @Corte Grimward came up with a brilliant addition to the possibility of a PvP Mine. Make it so that when you die the ransom is ONLY the ore and gems that are mined there.

Bambino, Sol Stormlin and Aetrion like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Its an idea that's come up before. Basically, it would be an underground shardfall.

I'm not sure whether limiting it only to the ores and gems makes it more friendly, or less friendly. I'm sure a lot of people who grind mines would be upset if they lost their ores, and might prefer losing a weapon :D

It would however be an incentive to use really powerful gear to defend your grind, knowing they couldn't be looted. And so the people with the best gear would win.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

I would enjoy PvP areas that had more of a Dark Souls philosophy where you don't ever lose anything you went in with, but everything you earn while you are there isn't yours until you've safely made it back out. Maybe all the ore in the zone is cursed and has to be cleansed at a shrine near the exit to make you able to actually take it with you.

I would also like to see a mechanic that makes staying longer and accumulating larger quantities of ore more beneficial, so maybe the shrine charges a tax for blessing your ore, and the more ore you bring in at the same time the lower your tax becomes, so it pays to take big risks and transport large sums of ore through the zone.

4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Interesting idea, though sectioning off PVP areas isn't something I'm hugely fond of. One ruleset globally would be my suggestion, or at the most, a second for areas deemed "guarded".

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well, I realized at some point that there are mines for PvE'rs, and mines for strict Miners, but not one for PvP mayhem.

craftymethod likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, good question.

I like that idea. Might be a camping spot, get ready to fight your way through.

7. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

There would be multiple shrines spaced around the perimeter of the zones, so it wouldn't be too easy to intercept absolutely everyone heading out unless you brought a whole army.

craftymethod likes this.
  8. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Serpent Spine mine would be fun for pvp. Lots of places to hide, shoot down from, use group tactics etc.

9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Sorry, no dice with me.
    A) mining as is is already soulcrushing boring (No joke, i manage to die because i fall asleep while mining, and i am lvl 90+)
    B) To make it palable you would have to make the yield in PvP mines higher, and every attempt to nudge, badger or coax me into PvP areas pisses me off to the n-th degree
    C) the hardcore crafters tend to have lousy ADV skills (RL too) so they would be nothing but easy pickings, fat chance they go mining in PvP places.

So only PvP high level crafters would go to pvp mines (and i have my doubts regarding the number of pvp players who have crafting as an hobby, AND consider it much fun to risk 2 hours of soulcrushing boredom rewards.)

Now if you make it so that skeleton miners drop ore ... and make it so that game mechanics make it a competition between two groups for example, one robs the skeleton miners of ore and the other tries to intercept for whatever reason...

10. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Hmm, I see your point. It just struck me that stealing could be useful in that situation. Stealing off npcs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.