PvP? Not really.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by DavidDC, Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

That's fine with me. But apparently I'm not allowed to have my consensual-PVP game. All games must be full-loot open-PVP, and that automatically makes all games better, it seems. Because the PVPers' opinions are the only ones that matter.

Says you. If that's what I wanted, I'd go back to Eve.

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hardcap, gear less important, easy to restock gear, full loot only with inventory bag-mode, not list-mode (like in Darkfall), balance the Resistance thing and i am into sandbox full loot PVP.
    This will never hapen in SotA, so therefore not worth the discussion - i stay away from PvP because of neccessary micromonaging your inventory, pledge Gear, no moral system, no guards fighting PK's, no balnce due to resistancies, more grind= more might, all Chars are mage hybrids, no real counters, and becuse imho SotA has SP Gamemechanics and MP or FMO is more or less only for socializing and Group PvE.
    PvP is not worth 10% xp Bonus, not worth for a Roleplayer like me to research the beautiful lore related scenes (visited 3, but decided to make it a question of principle and stay away).
    I am more the sandbox than the arena PvPer - i like Arena PvP, but not for RPG's, there it has to be sandbox.
    PvP in my eyes it not consensual, and it mustn't be consensual in a RPG. Its everybodys choise to not visit a PvP Scene or to flag, but if you flag or go into a PvP Scene its sandbox PvP and neither mustn't be consensual nor it is consensual. Duels are consensual.

Just a tip: i think the word you use for Players what dont like or want or whatever to PVP will be rated as insulting and provoking. It will be moderated i guess.
    If you want to talk about PvP its better to do it in a more mature way and do a new thread, instead of posting in old threads.
    Just an assumption you can take into consideration.

3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

This is also your second response getting offended by that word, I didn't realize that calling people blue players was a bad thing. I guess the amount of role players here are really defensive about that pixel stare.

From my understanding this is basically UO 2? But what I'm confused about is there is the majority of the population against even having open pvp? I've simply stated its easy to avoid griefers in a game that you have to flag to even pvp....on top of that it's not even full loot. The loss in a death is very minimal especially how people stack loot bags with garbage.

No offense to anyone that role plays. Apparently using that word gets my posts deleted lol which just shows the direction intended of sota, makes me sad and will have a rude awakening upon release if you can't even talk about wanting to open pvp. The mechanics are in place to completely avoid it also....

4. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Just to be clear,that term you used is generally defined in the gaming community as: "Term applied by PvP (player vs. player) participants in an online role-playing game to those players are disinterested in PvP conflict. Usually derogatory. " :The Urban Dictionary
    So using language or terms that are usually derogatory in it's use will get any of us moderated by @Berek.

And if anyone has said to you this is UO 2,that is not correct. Richard Garriott said this game is the spiritual successor to UO,which believe me, has caused never ending debate on these forums as to what that term really means. It does not contain full loot,if you are looking for a game that each PVP kill gets you full loot,then this game isn't it. There are others out there that have that. Now if you want to flush out some PVP players to fight against,flag PVP and go run around in Owls Head. I am sure someone will come to let you test yourself.

Just remember,Shroud is comprised of many players who are here for varying reasons. The developers have a bonus XP system in place for playing in PVP mode to gain extra XP, but still there are tons in the community who have zero interest in it,it's not their thing. The game have PVE players,Role Players,Crafters, Decorators, Town Owners, Guild Leaders just to name a few. Shroud offers people an opportunity to play what motivates them. Now if you want to PVP,yes there are certain conditions, as no full loot. But that is not all there is to the game.

Stundorn likes this.
  5. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

Never thought that word would be banned from use on Richard's game... which is basically the start of all PVP mmo's, its unreal to me.

I never said I wanted full loot, assuming things i desire? I understand full loot won't work here with the current player base and mechanics put in place. I actually think there should be a higher risk vs reward system put in place kinda like there was in UO. After 5 kill you go red etc, timer for murder counts to fade. That being said rewards should be higher with the higher risk put in place.

Now about testing myself, i don't see much of a point currently jumping into pvp with basically no rewards. They need to fix the loot system where people can't use junk loot to counter it at a minimum. There is just way too much to counter any kind of pvp, you literally have to go to a certain zone or flag for it.

I also understand there is many types of players, very much so. That's clearly why i said the amount of ".................." players is amazing to me. As far as Richard saying is spiritual successor(due to legal reasons he can't call it UO2 so spiritual seccessor is ok?), does that mean literally 90% or more of the UO game being null? In Ultima there is very little roleplayers on PVP servers... maybe it was different on blue servers? I myself have never played a blue server in my life on any game (20+ yrs of gaming), just not my thing to say the least. That's fine if people want to play that way, go do your thing but i simply think the focused side of pvp needs way more reward because right now its near pointless.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

PvP in SotA is rubbish and one of the main reasons I do not play much second being load times
    Reasons I do play for is the PvE side of things is great imo and also I have to much invested to just let it go (money and a lifetime of UO)

I have no reason to quit completely tho nor enough reason to dive into the game like I did UO

7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing thread after it was resurrected and instantly went downhill.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.