PvP Reward

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by ZODROT, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZODROT

ZODROT Avatar

Hi all.
    I have an idea.
    Make an auction for item that is lost in pvp , so both players can make a bet , 1 guy gain gold and another one item !

so people can regulate the value themselves

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Yep something like an auctioneer in Blood Bay :)

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Sounds bad to me.
    People will beat and overbid plus massive ganking at the auctioneer.

Weins201 and Elwyn like this.
  4. Bekido

Bekido Avatar

im all for making pvp meaningful but this sounds horrible.

Weins201 likes this.
  5. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

It is a quite short description but I would think that he means it that way:

AvatarA is killed in PvP by AvatarB and AvatarB is looting an item from AvatarA.
    Later both avatars get the possibility to declare a value for this item in some kind of auction.
    AvatarA is betting 1000 gold, AvatarB is betting 2000 gold = 2000 Gold for AvatarA as compensation from AvatarB and AvatarB can keep the item
    or
    AvatarA is betting 1000 gold, AvatarB is betting 500 gold = 1000 gold for avatar B from AvatarA and AvatarA is getting his item back.

So to say a more variable and not a fixed ransom….but I’m not sure if this would be a good way to handle it.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Or... you know the auctioneer could have some kinda safe zone.

Also over bid?? I mean. If my bows worth 50k.. and someone pays 200k for it.. that makes them dumb, and is genrrally bad buisness.
    With the same logic, when i kill you, i coild sell your 50k staff for 200k??
    That over bid logic doesnt make sense.

Thats like saying we shoulsnt be able to price things on a vendor because some people will over price it... lol.. by all means pay more then its worth.

I actually think this would make pvp more interesting, and would be an interestinf step if implemented well.

If it was just an auction between the 2 people.. i feel that wouldnt spark anymore pvp then now.

At least an open, automatic market might spark some rivalries... or hell you could tag their guild in it and make guild wars a lil more interesting.

LastChance and Numa like this.
  7. ZODROT

ZODROT Avatar

Yep , this is what I mean ^..^

8. ZODROT

ZODROT Avatar

and let ppl to make 1-3 bets for limited time
    MB Killer must bet first , to give dead guy some adventage

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

horrible as hell - i once buyed a staff for 40k iirc since then i was able to collect another 50k and spend about 14k for other reasons, so lets say the staff is worth 40k and i actually have 30k in stock.
    I dont want to loose the staff for sure, because its the worthies item i have.
    But i can only bet 30k and i would loose all my gold, so i maybe are only willing to bet 25k at best.
    And the highlevel player who beated me already and likely has not only higher skills but also more gold can easily get the staff by outbidding me? :confused:

oh c'mon the game is way to much powergaming hardcore friendly, i hate that the most about SotA, really, i hate it and i renounce to be involved into this kind of meritocracy PVP System.
    sorry o_O

have fun - it's not for me.

PvP would profit from a middleground and balancing stuff. If you want it be elite players content only - then have fun - i cannot and will not partake this way.
    If it is this what you call meainingfull i only have 3 letters to say LOL :rolleyes:

Weins201 likes this.
  10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Except.. why would anyone buy your staff for more then its worth? If its worth 50k.. and i pay 100k for it... am i hoping to sell it for 125k? When you or anyone else could buy a new one for 50k... lol.

Dont think we understand each other.

Doesnt matter. Ops idea is a 1 on 1 auction in the ransom page. So i hold to my * doesnt really draw anymore pvp or fix the glaring issues. * just means variable ransoms.

LastChance likes this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i admit i maybe dont understand it correct - to me it sounds i have to bid at least the amount of gold my gear is worth to keep it and that would be too much for me in the most cases so i won't use my top gear in pvp - what i find unlikely or i need to be prepared to have enough money to minimum can buyback my gear or equal good if i'm lucky to find some.
    This leads to - i dont like to "prepare" for PvP more than i got fun from playing PvP.

edit: and why someone would do that? simple, he is an a...hole, he want to annoy me, he hates me, because i'm the white knight rp communist forum pvper to him and he don't cares because he sits on xxx millions of coins and has fun to annoy people or especially me and it's woth to him to get my staff knowing i cannot afford another soon.
    Don't tell me that those people aren't around ;-)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah bad idea sorry - would be exploited to the Nth degree and just bad in general.

13. xZODx

xZODx Avatar

casual players in harcore game.
    you guys are weak
    In UO you lose everything in old good times.
    If you want play casual - go friend mode.

LastChance likes this.
  14. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Basically Portalarium will never design a system were the ransom value will reflect the market value. NEVER :)

So having the players determine the value is a great idea. You could also have those black market traders in PVE cities to bid on.
    But first they need to fix that people overstuff their inventory to avoid high ransom.
    It should always take away 1 equipped item.

LastChance, Lord Ravnos and MrBlight like this.
  15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

[​IMG]

wait what hardcore game you are talking of?
    SotA? mwhahaha

Numa likes this.
  16. eli

eli Avatar

personally, i think it should be a gold-only ransom of a relatively fixed amount. Item loss and extreme variability on ransom amounts creates a cognitive barrier of fear. This proposal only exacerbates that fear.

The more variability and complexity is involved, the fewer people will feel comfortable PvPing.

Instead of the absurd roulette we have now, it should be something simple which you can calculate in advance:

e.g. the total number of + on your equipment x 10 or something. So if you have 7 pieces at +10, it would be 700 gold.

You could further refine that or any system to encourage low level players to pvp with something like: multiply that ransom by the ratio of avatar levels. So if someone twice your level kills you, you only pay 350 gold, but someone half your level would get 1400.

PS> I also think gold is worth totally different amounts to different players with different play-styles, so it makes for a terrible carrot. A separate PvP currency with pvp-only uses would be way more enticing.

Stundorn likes this.
  17. Benn289

Benn289 Avatar

trophy body parts like diablo 2 ears. tagged with who kill that person, for validity reasons.

18. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

I could see a ransom in $$ only. Lets say a 1000$ a kill +- the adv lvl diff. Lets say someone AL 110 kill someone else AL 75.
    That winner could get. 1000-(10×35)=650$

And if its the opposite. Lower Al that kill the higher...1000 +(10×35)= 1350$

19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

LoL

20. ZODROT

ZODROT Avatar

Donald Thrump detected ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.