PvP town and Banning Permissions, Does it cross the line?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Do you like pvp towns to have banning permissions?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I was just informed that PvP towns can Ban people from their town. In my opinion that is a real deal breaker for the remaining pvp players we have in game. I can picture so many exploits with this its incredible that it even was a possibility. How did this come about? I think this defiantly should be rethought and lets have a discussion about it. This really makes the game weak for pvp for sure. @Chris, @smack, @TEK, @whitewitch, @RichardGarriott

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I won't be banning anyone for any reason in my POT.

But if you don't like the rules in a POT, don't go there.

3. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Ban in PvP POT is a real deal breaker for me.

@Chris

Ravicus, smack and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Abydos, why can't we just PVP where people aren't getting banned? You won't ban in your POT, I assume. I won't ban in my POT. So people that like real pvp won't ban and others can play their own little games in their POTs if they want.

I don't have a problem with that, why would we want to PVP there anyway? Obviously POTs that are going to use the ban in ways that limit pvp are not going to be good pvp environments. But I don't have a problem with those POT owners making their own choices.

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

If you are never going to ban then why should you care? You should be in favor of no ban then.

Ravicus likes this.
  6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

The PvP towns that ban wont have true PvPers anyway.

I don't mind fake PvPers...........they rage more when you kill them.......makes me happy irl.

Tarsin, Ravicus, Kaisa and 4 others like this.
  7. Drocis the Devious

I'm in favor of not banning for my own POT, but I don't care what other players do in their POTs. Every person in this game is capable of making their own decisions about how they run their own POTs, and if they go to a POT or not.

There are some people that own POTs that don't want unlimited PVP. I think they should have a right to control their own environments. I personally won't be attending those areas because I feel like banning people in PVP is not very sporting. But to each their own.

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Problem is that some "PvPers" want to run events in their PvP town and dislike it when they are interrupted.

It reminds me of the time when Trammies finally got their way in helped inflict their views on Fel.........bad day for PvP.

Trammies should stick to Tram...........in other words, don't flag your town for PvP.

9. Drocis the Devious

Again, if we don't like it we don't have to go there. I won't go to towns that ban everyone the moment they encounter raw pvp.

Currently, a lot of the mechanics are not set up to deal with raw pvp though. So I don't see what's happening in pre-alpha as much of an indicator.

Because people can instantly come back to life and just start disrupting things, there is no "real pvp" at the moment. That will change a little in R22 when we get looting and better death mechanics (I think).

Duchess Wyldemane, Kaisa and mbomber like this.
  10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Exactly, this is my point. Thank you Envy. If you are pvp you should not water it down, it makes the game look bad.

blaquerogue, Ravicus and smack like this.
  11. Drocis the Devious

Doesn't look bad to me. In fact it makes it much easier for me to differentiate my POT from others.

Duchess Wyldemane and mbomber like this.
  12. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

Generally, i'm for as much choice as possible in these games to allow as many players as possible to enjoy playing in their own way.

13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Broth, I just dont like ban option. In my eyes, its look like a kindergarten conflict with a poor solving.

In RPG, I like to be free and be master of my actions. Nothing like the feeling of freedom.

I dont care about PvE POT, but in PvP POT I would love to see a better system with agressive guards vs people on the POT kos list.

For me, its a real deal breaker.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    blaquerogue, Ravicus, mbomber and 3 others like this.
  14. Drocis the Devious

What does that mean exactly? Does that mean you're not playing if there are PVP bans?

I too would love to have guards and KOS lists, etc...

But I'm not trying to play with people that can deal with that. I don't want to create the most rage quits and reports to CS. I'm happy letting people that want a watered down PVP sit around in their POT all day with their friends attacking each other.

I'm comfortable knowing that if they show up in Rats' Nest, or The Horned Society, they will be in for a nice surprise. Plus, there's no banning in Shardfalls.

15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

So take this scenario. You go to a pvp town. They are playing gustball. They are all flagged. You attack and kill like normal in a pvp town. You get banned for pvp.

blaquerogue, Ravicus and mbomber like this.
  16. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

Im not much of a PVPer, i will let people kill me from time to time when i am in the mood, but much of this i do not really understand. Can you explain more as a passionate PVP player to someone like me? Griefer, PK, i dont know what they mean. I get the full loot concept. I would like to know more about this so i can have a more informed opinion. Must run to the bank now friends and will look later.

Ravicus and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

PvP'rs are some of the most passionate people in game because they basically are adrenaline junkies lol. Its the thrill of surprise, the agony of defeat, the rewarding feeling of besting some one. On a purely technical scale, if you are flagged for pvp you should be able to get pk'd. If you are holding events in a pvp zone you should have the manpower to protect your events. On a very few and rare occasions a report might be necessary so the town owner could file a ticket for review from the devs, but banning in a pvp town has so many endless exploits, I can just see it being used for an advantage in a pvp area.

Ravicus and mbomber like this.
  18. Drocis the Devious

Right, that's lame. In fact, that's the perfect time to go in and kill those fools because they're not ready for it. That's PVP!

But that's exactly why you don't play with those guys and you just skip their town altogether. Go find people to play with that "get it" the way you do.

19. Drocis the Devious

The other part of this, and I know what I'm about to say will fall on deft ears, is that having a clear distinction because POT owners making up the rules and essentially not having any rules, is that Portalarium can enforce that easier.

What I mean is this. If for example someone goes to a POT to PVP and they banned, PORT can simply say "well the rules are that you can get banned for any reason by the POT owner, if you don't like it then don't go to that POT". But if they goto MY POT and PVP but don't get banned, they really can't run to anyone and say "I was killed a bunch of times!" Because PORT is just going to say "well go talk to the POT owner".

And I think what some people don't realize is that having a POT owner that isn't going to ban anyone, is really exactly the type of freedom some of you are talking about. However, what I think you're missing is that PORT can actually back this up and allow for more interesting and challenging ways to PVP because the people that don't like that raw form of PVP will have a way to PVP somewhere else.

What I'm saying is that if the demand for no holds bared PVP is great, then we'll see more people make POTs that have that type of freedom, and regardless of what some people will try to say about the lack of rules, Portalarium will not have to listen to it and therefore it won't get nerfed.

mbomber likes this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, if you're a psycho murderer. I thought you were a role-player!

Actually I'm not sure why a gustball tournament needs a whole town to be flagged PvP in the first place. Or why, in an arena basement where you're having a tournament, everyone in the basement has to be flagged and targetable. Can't we have individuals flag for some tournament mode? Why does "Duel" have to be limited to one-on-one? Why can't it be party-vs-party?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.