PvP town and Banning Permissions, Does it cross the line?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Do you like pvp towns to have banning permissions?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selene

Selene Avatar

Not to mention, if you make it difficult to evict players, POT owners will likely make their towns more insular. They will only allow their friends, guildies, or otherwise vetted people to live there. This would limit the opportunity of newer/unknown players to find places to live because POT owners will be busy protecting their investment in the game instead of welcoming new people into their towns.

2. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

@DarkStarr So if they pay the taxes they cannot be evicted.
    What about exploited by POT owner upping their rent to force them out.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

from the hangouts where they've repeatedly stated there would never be more deeds than lots. So there will always be someplace to use that deed if you are evicted from an POT.

4. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

nice post :)
    not related but I have recently started supporting Avatar's Radio, on Patreon. Thanks for all the hard work !!!!

5. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

They are insular, so should not be impacting on anyone else.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

That doesnt answer anything...more lots then deeds could mean the PoT lots as well.

Im not suggesting that people shouldn't be able to evict very bad tenant...but, i think in that case Port should be involved. Otherwise i think the rental agreement would work wonders to give some protection for the players even if only for 30 days.

I think the odds of having really bad renters isn't as high as some make it out to be.

Lets try and keep this on topic, there are some things here we should discuss i believe.

7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

PoT owners can evict anyone at anytime. If you don't pay your taxes the game will evict you.

8. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

No... again, they stated that POT lots don't count in their totals... only the towns Port has placed... either NPC towns (ie story towns) or PRT (the towns without any npc's, jusp player lots.)

I agree, I plan on limiting who lives in my town to people I know (friends and family) and people I've met in game and gotten to know and trust.

agreed... and so far I think everyone has been on topic for a change... :)

Senash Kasigal and mbomber like this.
  9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

If thats the final decision then it makes it easy for me to say to people avoid PoTs as players can evict you on whim.

So, are you prepared to talk about how land deeds will work in the future once you fill up the 30% that is left. Is the solution to make more deeds that people will have choice of getting a lot in a PoT or none at all?

If not, what is the solution? Keep filling the map with other towns?

Xandra7 likes this.
  10. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I think the thread can now be Locked further discussions are pointless.

11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

There are still things to discuss.

Im actually in shock of how this decision got in game....would have loved a speaking roll in this. POT owners seem to hace made their own rules.

Xandra7 likes this.
  12. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Keep in mind too, that they don't have to fill up the map... they can do a linked town to an existing one... like a suburb of Owl's Head... :)

mbomber likes this.
  13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think there could be an expansion of the POT system to allow for more formal rental agreements. (i.e. a 30 day lease)

IF a POT owner agreed to use that option, I think it might help differentiate the POT owner from others that would not sign rental agreements.

So you'd have some POTs that would and some that wouldn't...but for the ones that did, it would provide the type of security you and other residents might desire. I know I'd want that if I were living in someone else's POT.

mbomber and cartodude like this.
  14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I guess...seems like a very poor solution though.

15. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I don't think the owners did... Port announced the eviction ability before anyone bought the towns. I don't recall any discussion on anything but the ability to Ban.

Lord Baldrith and mbomber like this.
  16. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

If they had to add more lots for more deed sales, I'd rather see them go this route. As a cartographer I'd had to see the map get filled up too much anyways... so I think the linked areas would be a decent compromise for new areas after launch... especially if these are just player lot areas and not story related in anyway.

mbomber likes this.
  17. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It has always been this way. Nothing has ever changed about it. Some folks have lobbied to change it but we have no plans to do so for Episode 1. I'm honestly confused as to why this is surprising.

18. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

From FAQ's
    Can I own a house?
    Players can purchase houses in a wide variety of styles and sizes. Placement of a house requires ownership of a lot. Players may own more than one house and can swap / upgrade the house on their lot.

The FAQ's need to be updated on ownership of a lot and the eviction consequences that could arise if you place in a Player Owned Town.

Xandra7, mbomber and cartodude like this.
  19. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Do you really think port wants to put resources to do this? Add more load to customer support? What you are suggesting will cost us all? I think a 30 day notice is fair enough, without having to involve resources that are extremely limited.

We don't have deep pockets to pay for more support to eyeball everyone's evictions. This is not SONY or Microsoft. This is we pay to keep the lights on. There are enough NPC towns for people to go live there and do as they please. This game lives on

our money and I would rather waste our resources on creating more game content rather than policing a property that has been clearly stated by Portalarium that is the purchasers land. If Darkstarr removes banning from POTS then they are

breaking their word with us. Suggest something that does not involve constant monitoring on the devs part. Paying someone to police bans is just asking too much of them.

20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

You can't figure out why people are surprised you gave mod abilities with no checks to players? Why would you take hours of setting up your lot in a PoT with thepotential to be arbitrarily booted?

Did this situation come into discussion when planning this?

Or are you talking about the 30 percent..that is known, but that number is at start...more deeds will be added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.