Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PVP: What should counter Archery?

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I think I would like to caution here about having too many 'counters' to any skill. You could have the most overpowered skill in the world and it would be utterly useless if everyone could easily render it ineffective.

Once archery is balanced in its final form we may find that having a lot of 'counters' might be unnecessary. On the other hand.. you could also use counters as a means of obtaining balance. I guess you could say you should also balance the means by which you achieve balance. :)

My point is, being able to counter abilities is fine.. but the number of counters and their effectiveness should also be balanced. We should not look to make it too easy for just anyone to do.. and to remember archery itself is not balanced.. it may well be toned down some... or.. ranged magic may be more powerful..

Though personally I think if you're wearing cloth you should be at risk of taking a lot of physical damage. That in itself is a means to balance potential magic offense.

2. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

shield should counter archery

3. XcomVic

XcomVic Avatar

Gandalf doesn't need a shield, just saying.

4. Blaze Barkley (RedDeer)

Blaze Barkley (RedDeer) Avatar

Isnt the whole point of archery to be great at taking down lightly armored targets quickly and supporting in taking down heavily armored targets from a safe distance?

Edit: sorry for digging this up, I was searching the forum and for some reason mistaken this for a new thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.