Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

PvP Zones... PvP Zone Spawns... Path of Oracle...

Discussion in 'Release 47 Feedback Forum' started by Elgarion, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

So... was running around attempting to find items for my little ol' Path of the Oracle, and boy... oh boy... were they frustrating. I can't imagin PvPing in there, even having a single Obsidian Elemental on my arse, spamming me with stuns would be assured death if I was also up against a player AND the mob density is so fricking thick, it would be a near impossibility to ever not have a mob on you as you run around.

Idea: Less mobs initially, I'd say same spread, but make it less likely that you get any more than 2 on you at once. Give us a chance to outrun some before 3 more pile on behind us. There are far too many. Heck, one of my entrance spawn points, I literally had 4 mobs attack me, and I hadn't even moved yet!

Idea: Let mob count scale inversely with player count. When more players enter, more mobs despawn. Let's say there are 100 mobs? When a PvP zone has 100 players, there would be no mobs left, for the most part, besides some at key areas for plot/story, effect etc. ((Maybe it does this already? Dunno...))

Just a thought. I basically lost a HUGE portion (probably 1/3) of my 300K XP earned from Truth, Love and Courage just to decay from being constantly barraged by relentless mobs.

And why the heck are Obsidian Elemental mobs so annoying? Man if they could stun about 50% less... that'd be a bit... um... less frustrating. Going through Rhun Ruins? It's a constant barrage of stuns and roots and... grrrrrrr.. arrrrrrrgh <turns into rage quitting hulk, logs out and looks up a spoiler to avoid this frustrating mess>.

Also... in regards to story for this quest line -- FANTASTIC post by @Baron Drocis Fondorlatos at this link:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ath-of-rage-quitting.99404/page-6#post-873873

I so wholeheartedly agree on so many points he made :)

Also, I do love the PvP and Non-PvP ideas for access to these vaults! Great thought on this -- now just needs some in-game clues/hints/story to guide a person either way to the vault entrance. Perhaps a trail of notes and papers within the pvp zone itself? Perhaps something the mobs could spam in chat... "You'll never find the vault! The elves have it protected from the likes of you, Avatar!"

Thanks guys! Loving the game, keep up the fantastic work!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.