PvP Zones

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by airroncam, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Yeah and that is where they really need to change their thinking on how they incorperate PVP and this rediculous risk vs reward system.

My thoughts on PVP:

Add a sparring option:
    Works like duels, no penalties on death and no loot options. Can be used to raise skills from pooled experience but not gain any experience. Just a fun way to practice at PVP with friends and work skills if exp is in your pool.

Enhance Dueling:
    The entire concept of looting someone after a duel really takes from the idea of a gentlemen deul. Remove the random loot drop. Add a PVP prestige Number that goes up when you win and down when you lose in duels. Maybe even a wager option to gamble within a min/max value on each duel.

Remove crafters from PVP completely:
    Stop restricting scenes from players and trying to entice them in with the promise of resources or rare drops. This has been tried and failed miserably in almost every game I have seen. Just leads to a lot of upset players and a small group of PVP'ers controlling a major resource or item.

PVP forces multiplayer mode

Make towns safe for PVP. Players can turn on their PVP tag and still have a safe place to relax and do things other than PVP. Duels and sparring should still be allowed.

Allow PVP guilds to control PRT towns. This one gets a little complex. But the town should be a safe place for that guilds crafters to go and get crafting bonuses and discounted prices. Town should build Prestige as the town is under the control of the guild. Other guilds can raid or contest for ownership of the town. When this happens the town would become unsafe zone after a few minutes giving crafting players a chance to leave, or lock their house, and the guild time to mount a defense. After the battle the town control transfers or the towns prestige is looted and town is safe for all again.

With the way this game is setup they could add a lot to make PVP fun, story driven, and even Comunity building. But the choices they are making right now are killing it. People have been burned to many times by the same ideas they are implementing and will not go for it again.

2. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

What about a timed objective to fight over in Shardfalls/Ruins? Maybe every 4-6 hours, a tower (or multiple) become available to take. The first party of people to successfully hold it for a certain amount of time gets some sort of bonus? Not going to try and come up with an idea for the bonus; it's rather unimportant currently. But, just having SOMETHING to actually fight over that encourages PvP, and specifically only PvP? EQ2 and WoW both did this to decent success early on in their lives.

Belgtor and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  3. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

PvP is just dead in SotA. There is more than a week that I have seen a PvP player.

Vallo, Vrunk Hrrk and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  4. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

It's a sad day if I see you saying this Abydos. You have been pretty prominent on trying to push PvP out there... :(

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

@Chris please throw us a bone! Stop the bloodletting. :(

Vallo, Vrunk Hrrk and Abydos like this.
  6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Im sorry broth :(

Vallo and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  7. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

@Chris

I am just starting to get a PvP build together and I am finding a dead empty world. Is there any PvP in this game? What are the devs doing to stop PvPers leaving.

Vallo likes this.
  8. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

yes, we need incentives like this. I am hoping the devs are putting something together, but the more I read I see my learned friends have been waiting a looooooong time for PvP to get some love...

9. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

EARLY ACCESS ... Really, must we complain about such self centered crap? all I hear is, I want this because this is how I want to play the game! So selfish!

10. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

What is selfish about this? I understand the devs have more on their plate than just PvP, obviously. We're not really asking for much. Just a real incentive in Shardfalls. This idea of "increased resource nodes" hasn't worked, obviously. Not to mention, upsets a lot of PvE players. So, why not take away the resource node advantage, and replace it with something ONLY PvP players would do? The list of possible PvP-specific rewards is pretty expansive. So, why not have a discussion about one that we can all come to terms with?

There is no need for this hostility between PvP and PvE players :(

Moiseyev Trueden and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  11. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

Not about hostility, obviously you don't understand the point! As a fellow (PvP/PvE/RP/RPG/BMF)player, don't go speaking for anyone but yourself! Which is exactly why I dislike seeing these complaints as you are only speaking about what YOU want in this game! The problem with PvP in general, its boring and nothing ever works because of the players involved, they cheat, macro and pk. There are far too many pvp ONLY games in the game market, refreshing to see it take back stage in sota which is based on a long running rpg!

FYI : PvE players have np hitting the pvp zones, been there farming them daily, no one to be seen! But then again, you said Shardfall, guess you missed the PvP Adventure Zones!!!

12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Whaaaat? But what about the ultimate feature to make some zones force people into PvP??? This was supposed to solve the problem and lead to everyone wanting to do PvP!!!
    You don't mean to say that those zones didn't become popular PvP zones but instead became no go zones for everyone? How surprising... ;)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Always entertaining to see how our single player offline god has time to tro....ehhhh care! about the online part.

14. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Sure. If the MMO part negatively impacts the single player experience, I'm here ;)

Also I would prefer to play in SP Online mode if there would not be so many elements runining the fun in this mode.

And why do you think I would not care about the online part? I want this game to be great in every mode.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Seems like we are both in for some dissapointment.

16. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I fear so...
    Maybe it would have been better if Port would have concentrated on creating either a great MMORPG or a great SP RPG.

17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Its like being drug through the mud by a dead horse. They know its broken, we know its broken, we have pleaded and pled for any kind of response. People leave after they get ignored and shunned. It does not help that people still troll pvp threads pounding the last life out of the pvp game.

Moiseyev Trueden and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  18. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

In your dreams dude.

PvP is just bad in the game, look no further.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  19. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

I feel that a few items are being missed here. The forcing pvp zone to multi plater only was less of having people want to go to the zones. Rather it was a making a zone that was at its core a player to player interactive area mean something.

Now I for one have high hopes for this games pvp. To be clean I didn't get into this game for any other reason. That shouldn't be seen as I problem. Especially if all of my questions and concerns are pvp related. This game is far from finished and that would have a great deal to do why I haven't played in weeks. However what we as a player base are doing is not mindless (BITCHING) we are brainstorming. Boucing ideas for the developers to look at and see what could help shape the future of this game we all love to play. I have even gotten into deco something I never would have even consider when I started. This games systems be it pvp pve ect. Has come from the people playing it. We can all work towards a better game for everyone. One area at a time so my 2 cents on pvp right now.

Counter play needs a deeper level when play styles are involved. Possibly answer add/ update skill to be more like shield of air and TT.

Pvp items - armor that can get a possible master craft to say 10% less damage from player based spells.

Reason to pvp (not mindless low lover killing) but I will not judge I've done it too.
    I would say a simple point system that can be earned / farmed off a single play more then say 3 times a week. This is a possibility to keep friends from framing each other and ganking lower weaker people.

Just some rough items to look at.

Moiseyev Trueden and HogwinHD like this.
  20. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

There is no PVP because the player base is so extremely small and there is nothing that can be gained through PVP or any situation where PVP is happening because there is a conflict of interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.