PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Oeneusc, Jan 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

"no rewarding features to encourage PVP"

The thread was closed before I had a chance to respond but this made me think of a few things that I've experienced recently.

I've been exploring the ruins recently and was wondering what's the incentive to visiting these zones. I can't say for certain if there's an experience, weapon drop or resource bonus. It doesn't seem to be terribly different from the better T5 zones. Maybe I do get better weapon drops off the humans at the beginning of Libris Ruins. What I can say for certain is that there's a incredible difference in power between mid level characters and the high end PVPers that cruise the PVP zones. As in they can stand there and soak up whatever you can cast then 2-shot you when they get board. So what exactly am I risking items for? Chaos pollen? :)

Why is it a hostile action to heal a PVP player in my group? What exactly does that mean? Seems logical that it would flag me for PVP. The guy that helped me kill the fire pillar just said not to heal him.

2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Nice to eat you!

PvP? I'm not a PvP'r but I have been around long enough to see that there is really no PvP. I can't say why. There was a flight /flite that happened with many of the Pvp players. I would like to be able to eat people (even if I have to flag) but alas, it will probably never happen. I stay though because the community is awesome and I love the game overall.

3. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

Last night I spent 2-3 hours in the Verdantis Shardfall and Kas Ruins. I didn't see anyone in either zone. Which is fine because I don't like to be steamrolled.

The "lake" in the middle of Verdantis isn't good for swimming. Got a few obsidian chips. Did some quick math and realized that the guy that has 10000 on a vendor killed around 2500 mobs in a shardfall. :eek:

There's a kobold village in Kas with a fast spawn. There's a lich in the center of the village that you can open a dialog window with. It seems to be broken but eventually told me to die. I did as it demanded but came back later with and alternate deck and claimed my 14 gold.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Atm there are 3 things about pvp zones afaik:

Increased chance for rare/coto drop (relative to creature level)

Best by far place to get obsidian chips used to craft obsidian gear.

Random and unique boss spawns only found in these areas.

None of these are HUGELY alluring, but for pvp in general, the big incentives will be here by summer im guessing

Hornpipe and Oeneusc like this.
  5. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I would say the Mage Room is the best place to get Obsidian Chips.

6. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

Semi-newb question but where's the mage room and the infamous monkey room?

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its not. Obsidian golems give alot more

They are easier to fight too unless youre a pure mage

Mage room is in the rise. You start right under it if you enter through verdantis mines.

Monkey room is inKrul

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Oeneusc likes this.
  8. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

The XP per hour, Artifact and supply bundle drop rates, recipes and gold from farming Mages make them a better source. IMO that out ways Obsidian Chips per kill. It doesn't take long to rack up 10k chips. I usually vendor them since they don't move that fast.

Rada Torment likes this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yes, mages are good for loot,

But give 25% the ammount of obsidian chips golems give. Its a specialty material of pvp zones

10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Diab is right on this. In the rise you get chips and with all the igg you can make, you could buy hundreds of chips in that same day.

Definitely all open-pvp scenes needs some improvements. We already have the risk (with ransom changes), now it's time to add rewards.

margaritte, Oeneusc and bigta1982 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.