PvP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by mikeaw1101, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

It seems kind of like nobody is really arguing about any game features at this point except for how pvp is going to work out...

Must be a really important feature.

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Nah we just all agree about everything else.

3. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

PvP is the only thing worth fighting for!

4. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Well said, Lord Devoid!

Lord Spaz, blaquerogue and Abydos like this.
  5. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Devoid +1,

6. helm123

helm123 Avatar

This is the one discussion that's keeping me from making a pledge. Not because I want open world PVP that has no restrictions once outside a town....very much the opposite as I avoid it like the plague. In the same breath I understand other do enjoy it but It's just not my cup of tea as it usually these days boils down ganks and trolls having their fun at others expense and it usually ends up being the guy/gals that aren't looking for PVP. Waiting to see what happens with these before putting down any cash.

Xandra7, mbomber and Heskel like this.
  7. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I love pvp like the next guy, but let's get real. Pvp flags and open pvp zones are about all that can be accepted by the general gaming population. The fact that the bounty system is being considered should be a blessing to those wanting full looting rules.

If a game could effectively implement social mores and folkways to limit rampant murder then THAT would be revolutionary. Because people don't actually die, that might be an impossible task.

I don't think there can be meaningful discourse about full looting without the presence of full death. There needs to be real consequences for attacking someone. If there are any witnesses to the murder you face losing your character to execution by yours peers. THAT is real.

8. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

yeah thats not so wrong if you give people the options to be a moron then many of them sure will be...

9. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

May be real but thats not how business is done and that is still the main goal the devs here are looking for, as their families need to be fed. Ive tried Diablo in Hardcore and well after losing my hero Ive spent hours on I ended up leaving the game as most people would do unless you get the fun in the leveling part.

Anyway there are other ways to make you think twice before attacking innocents. hmm sorry but the only thing I can come up with is UO. After 5 Murders your charcters becomes a Murderer wich flags him red and attackable by anyone without conequences and not protected by town guards. That made his life quite annoying believe me, you had tro avoid most people or vendors unless u knew any criminal friendly ones. Now if you allaow people to only have one character per account then I think its a fair penalty.

Add the Bounty Systzem to that and people arew really going to be out looking to catch that guys head and on the other hand the guy who has a bounty will try to keep that bounty as high as possible! Sounds better than having to wait till someone finally flags for pvp. Make a semi-loot system with that (make all resources lootable and give the killer a respectable insurance fee for the equipment and remove that from the guy who died) .

Ive stated this many times on the forums but as a plazer who loves to pvp and live in danger, If I get the option to level up in a more secure way by avoiding pvp then thats what IM going to do, to skip all the leveling and get to pvp when Im ready for it. But that takes away a lot of fun doesnt it? With a Murder system yes you could get killed and the time spent in the area may be wasted but on the other hand youll know the guy is flagged red for other people and will get what he deserves. Or maybe someone takes his head to claim the bounty on it and will give you a part of it if you know the guy. I dunno but I can see many stories and interaction with this toehr than everyone farming stuff on his own without any action.

But I know not evryone is looking for that I just hope you realize the potential fun and the interaction we miss by not having a real pvp world.

10. helm123

helm123 Avatar

I like your ideas if they are part of the open PVP areas in the game. As before I avoid PVP but I have been known to venture into a PVP area everyone and a while if something I need is there. I get in and out as quick as possible. Now if say I was in that area and got attacked while minding my own business and not bothering anyone I like the idea that the assailant gets flagged for PVP every where and there is now safe haven for him/her. Heck I might even have my arm twisted into joining a group looking to claim to bounty. Would be nice if you could go somewhere and find listed bounties and be deputized for that one suspect.

11. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Don't worry, Open Forced PvP WILL NOT HAPPEN, so you should feel more than safe throwing some of your money into the game and help make your voice heard in the making of the game :)

12. smack

smack Avatar

Well, this is why a billion posts here from the community and the Devs have reiterated the same thing: PvP is 100% consensual in this game. Engaging in PvP is your choice. Want to enter that Forced PvP zone? Want to remove the Blessing of the Oracle and be flagged Open PvP so you can attack / be attacked anywhere in the game, at any time, for any reason by other Open PvP players? Want to take that "contraband" quest but be flagged Open PvP? All these are choices you can make. The game will never force PvP on you...but it may entice you...

Given that, the biggest discussions recently have been whether PvP loot was 1 item, multiple items, full loot, etc. I am pushing for full loot for Open PvP flagged players and/or Hardcore Forced PvP zones, as mentioned during the 12-hour Streamathon.

13. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Sometimes you have vocal minorities.

There are something like 45,000 backers who paid money to play the game. How many of them are even testing at this point? How many of those are also posting on the forums? Of that group, how many only post about PvP?

If they're impassioned by a topic, you'll see a lot from them. But it is hard to gauge how much they represent all backers.

Most players aren't quite as passionate about, or divided on the topic of carpentry in the game. So you just don't see discussion on it. That doesn't mean crafting won't be a huge part of the game.

14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Or, all other questions on any other systems seem to not be getting answered/merged into one thread.

Noctiflora likes this.
  15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

PvP threads where like this once. Turned out they were consolidating so they could keep track. PvP threads no longer have that. Where you see a problem I see progress. To each his own I guess.

blaquerogue likes this.
  16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

We've been over this before ristra....I would agree with you if the last big single player thread it didn't contain a warning message(not to me...just the thread) from firelotus quoting rules about badgering or harassment(can't remember which).

Totally off topic though so I will let it go...

17. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Same was done in the PvP threads when they were being merged constantly.

blaquerogue likes this.
  18. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

I think a full loot system would just ruin the game all together, there are just way to many "trammies" and people that just do not like any type of PvP. I'm a pretty hardcore pvper, and that's pretty much all I play for but I would much rather have a bigger population and people to interact with and not drive all the non pvpers away from the game. I think that the current system where anyone can enable pvp if they choose is the right way to go, however I'm going to agree there needs to be some sort of risk/reward for participating in PvP.. but no one wants to lose everything they have, or lose their character due to a death..

I think a good system to add to the risk/reward factor in pvp would be to make it so that if you kill someone you get a certain amount of gold from the players backpack similar to the insurance feature that UO now has, however if that player does not have enough gold to pay for his death you will be rewarded by being able to choose either a random item, or an item of your choice from the players backpack. I think you should also be rewarded experience points for killing a player, depending on what level they are depends on how many points is given, and of course there would have to be a feature added to keep players from exploiting this which would simply be fixed by making it so that you do not get rewarded XP for killing the same player/character twice within a certain amount of time.

Lord Spaz and mikeaw1101 like this.
  19. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

[​IMG]

blaquerogue and Bolck like this.
  20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

If only mortal looked half as good as that picture....

blaquerogue and Fox Cunning like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.