1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q1 2017 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eldyth

Eldyth Avatar

Will the Viking inspired clothing be anything players can craft or get in-game? Or is it exclusive tot he npc's?

Numa likes this.
  2. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@DarkStarr I hope when you go back and do with on containers you fix having nested containers on lots and also fix containers in the bank. This is a major bug and feels really broken to me. Also drag and drop into containers in your inventory would be a nice feature. Also, placing bags and backpacks still needs fixed.

3. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

When are we getting Pick Locks!!!

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd love to see this. Perhaps use something similar to here on the forum and add an @DarkStarr when you want to refer to a player specifically, with autocomplete on the name. It would be useful for /whisper commands too.

5. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

Runs around excitedly telling everyone! ....

Rennik and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Lots of great things to look forward to. Thank you for sharing the schedule. :)

7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

this is great... I'm thinking of starting an Avatar Sanctuary where homeless Avatars can rent a room for FREE... now, I need to prepare a house with a ton of rooms... ^_^

8. Jamet

Jamet Avatar

If Underworld Ascension has one problem, that's that the development process feels like it's all done in silence and darkness and secrecy now. Barely anything is shared with the public, and even the backers.
    With Shroud of the Avatar, it's like it's the polar opposite. There is too much. Way too much. A long time ago I've stopped trying to absorb all the information presented here. The forums are vast, the podcasts never end, and whenever I actually pay attention to all the bravado, I usually regret it because it's typically just more MMO mumbo jumbo, when all I've ever wanted was a single player Ultima game. Or a successor.

Long story short. It's been a while. Good number of years now. Is there an estimate now? For the game's release? And no, I don't mean a milestone release, or a byweekly release, or a vertical slice, or anything like that. I mean the RELEASE release. :) Is there any info on that? Because GOOGLE sure doesn't find the answer for me. There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief.

9. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

Great to see all the progress planned. However is there any word on implementation of a level cap. Perhaps some point where you reach (end game) power scale. To better balance skills?
    @DarkStarr

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  10. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

@Belgtor I don't believe they intended to even have a level cap. Decay, which has only minimally been put into the game at this point, is supposed to take care of the problem. We shall see if they actually follow through with increasing decay at the higher levels.

11. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

@Onyx Thanks for the heads up.

Can't say I agree with it. Feels like a punishment rather then a game play choice. Especially when it happens in duels.

Chatele and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Could we please get some guidance on how many items/or weight of items will be allowed in a container and how you plan to go about changing current values in the game right now (i.e. if I have a container that has 5000% more than the limits, what happens?) :)

Obviously whatever you tell us will simply be a best guess and could change. I'm just looking for a ball park for first iteration.

13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Hmmm, that talk about adding more effects to enchanting and masterworking worries me. If the new abilities are worse then a base stat increase, and this will lower the chance of getting a base stat, it will make it that much harder to get the gear one is after.

14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Duel should not trigger skill decay. If it does for your duels, please file a bug report with details

15. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

I did was told that it worked that way in duels. ( told by player not admin)
    its in the release 37 forum under bugs

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

PvP deaths are not subject to decay.

17. Belgtor

Belgtor Avatar

I have a bug report in about it.

However I just don't agree with the decay macanic at all. Regardless of how it is used. It is only used to prolong mindless exp farming. Example a player may not be spending game time doing what they want but instead having to proactively Fram exp pool to fight decay. :/

Decay is a punishment rather then a proactive game play choice. Something you have to deal with for what I'm seeing as game self balancing. Which if this (is) meant as a means to balance the games player power, it's not the right way to go about it.

A solid LEVEL CAP is what the game needs. The current system has myself and other players I am associated with from playing. *I log on just to be apart of social events. This system is holding the game back in my eyes. Until this changes I for one can't and won't play for hours on end like when I first pick up the game.

Shroud of the avatar as so much potential. The patches I see and the current direction the development team is taking is pushing me away. While I will not speak for the whole community but other do share my views.

Chatele, codedragon76, Numa and 3 others like this.
  18. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Casual gamers have no big future with skill decay.

19. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

RELEASE 39, February 23, 2017

• Player Housing: The ability to rent rooms in a player home will start to become available to homeowners. Additionally, the Shogun bundles will come online as we continue to expand our water placeable houses and our Shogun line of houses. We will also begin the work necessary to make player equipment placeable as decorations. Also containers will begin to have limits on how many items can be placed inside them. Finally, updates to Dynamic Player-Owned Towns that have locked submission forms will appear in the game.
    I will have to state my opinion on this one. The ones who are going to lose big here are non-deed holders. Many in the community are trying their best to place chest for those who do not have deeds or a home, so this will force some to have to purchase bank space (which is what I personally think is behind this) Homes can only hold a certain amount of containers and if someone now needs 12 containers instead of 1, you are making it hard on the community. I am sure you can give coding reasons, latency reasons or any other reason, but I find this beyond unfair to those who are doing their best to play. One of the biggest no-nos in life, management and other areas is "don't give something you are going to take away, it was better that they never had it". I do know adjustments need to be made in areas, but at this point you have a massive amount of the community who counts on chest and all of a sudden it's "opps, sorry but we need to change all this". Foul ball in my opinion. o_O :(

20. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I understand what you are saying but they also state ...

So i think this just makes the issue of place able chest quite moot as they can now rent/be given a room in a house and with this store their own items and also decorate it as they like. Maybe you cant fit 100 people in a house as you can now with chest rights but this will help non deed players i think with more space and a 'proper' area to call home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.