1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q1 2019 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@DarkStarr thanks for the roadmap. I still would love to see an achievement system showing up on the upcoming systems to better tie the world together in some way.

As it stands the separation of scenes tend to keep the world separate with less incentives to visit all scenes.

Fishing was a first step of course. We have many wonderful places to visit and achievements would add some Extra incentives to visit scenes.

Even PvP kill points, titles, bounties, and wanted poster achievements to name a few.

Of course treasure maps are coming but I don't really want to see them as loot to be grinding for. Please don't let that happen. They should be special perhaps a message in a bottle hints of a treasure and says an old pirate in Aerie knows more. Also some treasure maps can be found but consider ways to make it a special system. Like with survey tools and x marks the spot once you have acquired all necessary to hunt for that treasure.

Giving rewards of titles, cotos, special rewards for doing mundane, repetitive things will add goals to achieve for those special goal setters, well and for anyone just puttering around some days.

Thanks again for listening. All of us here are here because we care about this game and believe there is still so much potential. Bridging the world to feel connected in any ways possible is important.

Heres hoping ep2 will feel less disconnect and thought will be given to how to accomplish this as it is built.

As always I'm cheering for this game. Onward to victory.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

@DarkStarr Will it be possible to explore the new lands without pursuing the new story? I'd really like to wait until episode 2 is "complete" before doing strating that leg of the story, but I also don't want to be stuck in Novia for a year while everyone else is having fun in new places.

Boris Mondragon, Jaesun and Addison like this.
  3. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

I read this, and it sounded great.

Then I read the next 3 release schedules. Lol

eagell and Floors like this.
  4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Congrats all on getting this far!

As for 2019...

Immersion and atmosphere for me is pretty important, would be great to be able to swing at any tree or rock even if some tree's had a warning about not being allowed to fell such a tree if that type of tree is not permitted. No response from trying to chop a tree lacks opportunity of a little humour. *for some reason the kobolds have protected this tree. You have swung and your axe has bounced somehow and hit you're head.*

little less odd glows would be cool...

2 new skills per release would be awesome too! (yeah I went there, lol maybe just 1 would be tough)
    // maybe some low hanging fruit in there somewhere :D....

Maybe an event alert/countdown tool in game?
    Add event [y] to list, set [x] date time.
    open list display [x] hours till event [y].

a ship scrolling across the horizon now and then?

Also, I dare the developers to let avatar's place a single object in the world in 2019!(dynamic placement?) :) /em challenges with encouragement

NPC's with 2nd behaviour modes perhaps a threat mode or town defence?

maybe guards will get some balls and tell me to sheath my weapon? maybe they are attackable will a cost?

Optional automated travel along main roads/trails on the world map?

No pressure guys no pressure! ;) My ideas are only suggestions.

But good luck, and may everyone have a great christmas and new year!

//edited

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    majoria70 and Boris Mondragon like this.
  5. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

Thanks for the update! I look forward to episode 1's future and episode 2! and 3! and 4! and 5!!!

6. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Pretty disappointed with the 2019 plans for many reasons to be honest. Oh well.

7. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@craftymethod ; Brother you went there and so will I. The idea of a moving ship on the horizon would be nice as I do not foresee ship movement until EP3 at earliest.

I am more concerned about their commitment to large scale events such as the one directed by Cerus from Travian games that culminated with the Battle of Aerie. While I am “There” how about something like new hairstyles and attire?

“Steps off the soapbox”. This is still a good plan though a bit bland. Dare to be bold not bland. R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

sounds like an exciting year ahead! thanks Portalarium!

9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Been hoping to see some overland scene love.

Without that, i'd hope to see scene-to-adjacent-scene zoning at gateways instead of always having to go to the overland map.

Zoning scene to scene to explore the world worked for the old Everquest. Allow more of that here.

majoria70 and Elryin Silvertree like this.
  10. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

fake it till you make it!

Actually how funny would it be swimming out to a scrolling 2d ship and make it seem you "jumped" off the boat and swam to shore. maybe you wouldn't be able to reach it, maybe it would be on the skybox layer.

totally opens up rp potential. Likely hard to implement, scenes looking busy with any easy tricks if they can find them would be cool.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Boris Mondragon likes this.
  11. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; just come to Dragomir Mori. You will see the largest pirate fleet in Novia :)

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I agree but this community as a whole hasnt been very forgiving with pushbacks delays and things not going according to plan.

I think if i were them id try to aim low and have the potential to hit high thanaiming too high and dealing with the rabble later.

Id outline only the very basic things as vaguely as possible so theres some wiggle room

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

Can you sneak adding Seahorses into that or Sea Serpents ? We have no aquatic creature...

14. Bioxide

Bioxide Avatar

Awwww too bad! I loved the snakes esp silver serpent in ou. I still have bad dreams about that one.

majoria70 and Boris Mondragon like this.
  15. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

There is much interesting stuff to come, indeed.

But no single word about the future path of localization for your international audience.

There are those issues left open from the time Travian Games handled localization (not all content was completely translated/transferred into game, not all languages nearly finished, last rewards from summer 2018 for volunteers according to their contract still not given out to the accounts by Portalarium).

But more serious I currently see an ongoing destruction of already localized content mainly by adding duplicates of keywords to already localized content, so that some files went down from 9x.x % translated content to around 6x.x % and many once completely localized parts ingame happen to reappear in English for the players.

And this is all without talking about how new content for Episode 2 will be handled in this matter.

*Salute*
    Olahorand
    The Rebel Duke

16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You have some valid points, Duke

17. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

With R62 we get a new COTO shop because the Game did not reached the expectations after switching to the free2play model. (Jan4 Livestream)

Have you ever considered that the COTO/Add-on shop itself is the cause?
    I think a lot of player have a problem with a game that is designed around a add-on shop.

18. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

New coto shop has nothing to do with reached expectations, They are simply moving the clunky web shop into the game.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree so much with this. I hope we get achievements that track our progress and reward us and especially if it is progressive progress. As we have it now it is more like we do it then we are done type of system. For example as fishing is set up get all the trophies and you are done. The only thing that gives more is more types of fish which leaves it in a state of we need more attitude. The progression is missing. Even daily catch of the day progression quests to do for 10 days and special reward, 'feat', or some reason to continue. There is no sense of progression and continuation and more reasons to play daily. Well and as you said ;)

Also treasure maps as just loot drops are another grind for goods thing. This is what we get over and over. We need progression and special. I hate thinking of treasure maps being a loot grind and just more of the same. It's fine to have them be rare but having them come from different sources like sometimes in pieces, sometimes from a quest, sometimes fished up, sometimes discovered. Then there is the whole thing of when you get a complete treasure map that you can read and is not too water stained then what? Do you use a survey tool, do you get an animation to dig up the treasure chest and put it on the ground like in the game Risen. I just loved that animation. Perhaps when you get the treasure chest to open sometimes it spawns the spirit of the person whose grave you have upset well in cases you find it in a grave. Sometimes it is an angry spirit and sometimes the spirit wants you to give something in the chest to someone and says you can keep the rest.

Also we need sounds of progression. Not irritating but 'ta da' type of sounds that are different with different things. Some who don't like sounds don't have them turned on anyway but many miss that feel that comes with the sense of achievement type of sounds.

Here is the digging up a treasure animation.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.