1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q2 2017 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

@Lum the Mad, you said "You can create as many offline-mode characters as you like and use them to test the NUE."

But only one at a time - if I used to created one before I must delete it - right?

2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

In the offline mode when you save a game, unless you delete that savegame, you can get that character back by loading it at any time even if you delete your "current" offline character.

Sir_Michael likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I believe you can save your game and come back to it at any time, so you can have unlimited avatars.

4. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

redundant post.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Can't delete it. Andernut's wasn't there when I wrote it.

6. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

My post was redundant. :) So I edited it, because I couldn't delete it.

Barugon likes this.
  7. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

NO WAY! I have 1400 hours of gameplay because this game is persistent since July 2016

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes it is necessary to
    Believe me I am one who didn't want it to be last wipe and thought we should all start over before this game commercially released. But alas those of us who believed this were not listened to and in the meantime real cash was spent between players buying things from their accounts, like buying pieces of their accounts, buying some items from their account etc and this spent cash and items as people call them real money transfers (RMT) would be lost because buying someones account bound items does not transfer to their account to show they have it now. Like if someone bought one of my pledge houses from my pledge on a vendor. If we wiped the house would come back to me even though someone bought it on a vendor or payed real money cash and I gave it to them in game. We used to be able to give houses to other players to try out housing because we knew it would come back to us, but then after final wipe RMT started. I don't like that this happened ultimately, but I understand that it is a huge reason to not wipe now.

One of the only ways we could do it is if Portalarium allowed players to mark those items account bound in some way. I really don't expect this to happen even though I understand frustration and thoughts about having us all on the same page and starting level at launch. ;) In the long run it will all work out. There are always players at different levels in games. It all depends on the players attitude about life and how much they let things get to them, not just in the game but everywhere. It will all work out truly. :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  9. Paladin Michael

10. mass

mass Avatar

Tortage was a really good experience and probably resulted in increased player retention and increased first quarter box sales of AOC. Now, I will admit that AOC suffered from a downturn in quality once you exited Tortage and there were some severe content gaps getting to end game when it was released. For the first year or so, though, I recall AOC having at least about 200 - 300k active players.

Consider that a large number of the negative steam reviews post less than 10 hours played. They basically logged and were either confused or put off by what they saw and decided it wasn't for them. I personally don't recommend the game to friends yet as I don't want them to make that first impression their last impression. For the average player, I really think their first 20 hours have to be a really high quality experience for them to think about investing more time (and potentially more money) into the game. For this, I think NUE, strong story polish, and core systems polish should be the priority and it looks like that's what they're doing. Once they start marketing, they've essentially got to keep those new players engaged for a month, until the new release drops where they then hopefully make the decision to check out the new content.

Overall, though, it seems like a lot of work to get done in a short period of time.

11. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Unfortunately this is a business, and not a real community project. Early backers, and the likes will continue to have things pushed on them that they do not like. Why because refer back to what I said. This is a Business. They are in it to make money, backers spend some money sure, deco here and there. But if new people do not buy accounts, and the free trial they give does not keep these people or cause them to buy $40 access, or a good bundle to start off with. They apparently are not making money, and bottom line, like everything else, Money is more important then the Real USER experience.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  12. Brazen Spirituality

Brazen Spirituality Avatar

Without the negative implication, I agree. The Devs must pay their own bills, to be able to spend their days working on this game for us... if we are not paying their bills, and new players are not paying their bills, we will not have any more Devs working on our game...

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  13. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

So the 11+ Million does not pay the bills?
    Wrong.

NUE- Go into brand new character, Insta death because they remove auto attack. and i get two guys on me out the door as a melee character.

Worrying about getting new people in now is like trying to sell something BROKEN.... No one invests in 1/2 working broken stuff, Well at-least not SMART people, you want a NUE then you should have done it from the start. Not take away from adding functional things like alcohol,fishing improvements farming/agriculture.

Early backing made the game possible, No reason to PUNISH those that been here for a long time waiting for certain mechanics to even know if we like the game. Heck at the end of this it could turn into something I/Other do not want to play because the direction once again shifts from Original Backers who poured MILLIONS into a project... While they worry about getting More money.... The NUE has perks sure, but overall Its like Polishing a piece of crap.... Its still a piece of crap it just looks shiny with a new UI, I know more is coming but major things keep getting pushed off and back because MONEY is the problem.. Sometimes you have to stop being greedy and give the people what they paid for.

14. Paladin Michael

Well, let's do business beside for a moment and take a long and good breath (more, if you don't calm down with just one ;))

Maybe we should be more patient and looking what happens until 30.06.2017.
    The focus is now on finishing mainquests, as I understand it. This is one of the very important things and also one, which is associated with the title "Episode 1".
    Without a great story we don't need a further Episode ...

There were a lot of people waiting for finishing the quest lines. And NOW it will be done.
    Other things, like housing, wasn't really interesting for them, but they accepted:
    the work must be done.

And as the game ISN'T finished - yet - it would be fair to give the Dev. time to do it - on their own way.
    This means not we have to understand it, but I think, they do their best and no one can do more.

And - again - I believe, the things who are shifted now, will come. At the end the things, which were on plan will be in game with release.
    And new players are not interested, if they were earlier or later in the schedule ;)

Don't beat someone, because he turnes a schedule. If the game is released and the promised features aren't inside, than - only than - you can do.
    What doesn't mean, you should - but you could ;)

There are always two possibilities:
    be upset of things you don't receive NOW,
    be gratefol of things you receive NOW, knowing, desired (and promised!) things will come guaranteed :)

So I hope, the Dev. will watch their health (as I sayd before: not so much alcohol, more fruits and qi gong, following the game example;))
    Well, imagine this:
    If one or two of them will get ill, we really will have delaying ...
    And by the way: all upset energy don't make us humans very happy.
    At first they are humans - like you and me.
    And I would prefer to talk in greater respect to each other. It also means: not we make the schedules. And if they get turned, "whyever", it means not, they punish somebody ...

Business is not the first thing in our life - don't make it to the TOP 1, because it can kill creativity ...
    First of all if you try to explain something what is done with the word "business" :(

And from my point: these Ladies and gentlemen of Portalarium are really creative and doing good work.
    Keep on with it. And take a deep and long breath before answering threads ;)
    Ah - and before I forget: do it like The Mentalist: drink a good cup of tea!
    There are so much and good herbal teas for our health! :)

A calm down and very happy -play- Weekend for all of us :)

Qwark, Lorde, Chatele and 1 other person like this.
  15. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Can you pls skip polish the visual effects and work on polish the combat system first? Its broken and make ppl more angry every day they play.

edit:
    where are the rework on ranged weapons ammunition from R39 anyway??

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Chatele, GrayFog and Ice Queen like this.
  16. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

With the New User Experiences being changed, can we please start getting an option for additional characters on accounts. This would make it much easier for players to experience and provide feedback on the NUE. Even on the QA server I think most people are hesitant to delete an existing character just to test out the changes for new players when there is also a lot of new/changed content requiring more advanced chars. I would very much like to view the changes in the NUE areas if we have additional char slots available as reward, addon, or even just as temp char additions.

17. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  18. Paladin Michael

@Syznow,

look above - the answer from @Lord Andernut to me:
    In the offline mode when you save a game, unless you delete that savegame, you can get that character back by loading it at any time even if you delete your "current" offline character.

19. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

you guys do know that when you purchase a bundle, you purchase another account with it.
    i have 5 bundles and i havent used any of the accounts with it.
    my reason is just that i dont want to start over again with a new character.
    for many, the option to reset the questline will work in terms of content.
    i know that any serious mention of a reset is a betrayal of all the backers since last summer. i started in october and have more than 1500 hours in game now.
    i would be really unhappy to lose that, plus the thousands of dollars i have spent since then as well.
    for some of you, dont hand me this "you will save your bundles and housing nonsense", i want those 1500 hours SAVED as well. i came back to this game when i heard about persistence.

Nikko, Chatele and Hornpipe like this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

They are talking about resetting Quests not your character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.