1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q2 2017 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Although there have been a few people asking for a wipe on this forum, I have never read anything from Portalarium indicating that they are even considering this. They officially announced persistence and no more wipes -- it would be a terrible breach of trust, and a PR nightmare, to go back on that now.

I came into the game after persistence, and because of persistence. Had I still been on the fence about trying out SotA, and they wiped everyone after announcing no more wipes, that would have been such a red flag to me that I would never even consider the game. Trust would be lost with much of the current playerbase plus many prospective customers.

But again, lots of things hit the forums and people talk back and forth. I don't expect Portalarium to go back on their word with respect to persistence and no further restarts.

It's a great game! I am one of those players who will try a game that is 10 years old - I can have as much fun there as I do when I beta/early access a new game -- so whoever is ahead of or behind me doesn't affect how I play in any game, really.

2. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Yeah. I am pretty sure they aren't wiping servers. I'm not really worried. Just trying to point out to those who want it, that it would be a BAD move on Portalarium's part at this point.

3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

There no point in responding to the people calling for a wipe. It's not going to happen and there is no need to justify the position.

Tiina Onir, Alexander, Nikko and 3 others like this.
  4. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

I know it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things... but fixing the custom book covers issue for Release 42 would be nice! I know it was mentioned somewhere...
    @DarkStarr

5. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Custom book covers would be so nice!

fakhart and LoneStranger like this.
  6. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

With R41, they had added the custom book covers feature... when salvaging a book, there was a chance you would get that cover pattern (or skin) to apply to an existing book. Unfortunately it didn't work as intended (people salvaged hundreds and hundreds of books and never got a single cover pattern).

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...book-cover-questions.87772/page-3#post-804430

So @DarkStarr said that they would move the book patterns to vendors in R42. Hopefully that still happens!

Alexander and Sir_Michael like this.
  7. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

@DarkStarr I can't wait to see the official R42 release notes to see what you all were able to complete from your projected list. :)

Sir_Michael and Rennik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.