1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q3 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archaon [OWL]

Archaon [OWL] Avatar

Thanks for the update DarkStarr!

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Books, and scrolls, and notes, and flyers/leaflets, and booklets/pamphlets, I hope ;)

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

It will be a long, hot summer waiting for the music system! But I'm happy to see it's still going to happen :)

Thanks Darkstarr!

4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

That would be cool. If you are on the same spot with a deer or rabbits on the overland map, you get the option to enter a hunting scene. You click on "Enter hunting scene" and a scene similar like the random encounters loads and you have the opportunity to hunt the animals.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Honestly, if they do this, though, I'd think only large animals should show up. You wouldn't be able to see rabbits from the distances we have on the map anyway. You'd naturally be able to see birds overhead, though.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Wow, smack. All I can say is that I strongly disagree with the nonsense you wrote.

Xail likes this.
  7. smack

smack Avatar

Glad I got my point across :rolleyes:

But let's continue the discussion in another thread if you so desire.

Beno Ledoux and marthos like this.
  8. Periwinkle Elodie

Periwinkle Elodie Avatar

*looks at her lute and weeps

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  9. marthos

marthos Avatar

I do like the idea of imposing a tax on people going through a control point. If you don't pay the tax, you can enter the PvP control point scene, or walk around. You're not really forcing anyone into PvP as long as the tax rate is reasonable (probably best left as a static rate so that some griefers can't set it to a million gold coins or something).

I think there might be some complications in determining who owns the control point though. If the mobs are defeated by 6 open-PvPers and 4 non-PvPers, who owns it? Do all 10 of them get tax revenue? Do the 4 non-PvPers get nothing for their effort? When players enter the zone to defeat the people charging the tax, what happens to taxes collected during that battle? Does it just pile up for the winner of the battle to claim or do the original owners keep collecting until they lose the CP point?

10. Periwinkle Elodie

Periwinkle Elodie Avatar

I hope you guys figure out a decent solution for that. I for one, would rather not play a game if PvP is something I will have to do or deal with. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against others who wish to PvP. Just I won't take no part in it no matter what. If its forced upon me, I won't play. I did my years as leader of PvP guild back in WoW and since I left that game, simply won't do it again.

11. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I have to agree that these main map control points like Hilt are not designed to be PvP battlegrounds. Making a control point like this PvP would mean having to group all players into factions, which I didn't think this game was doing. Having to declare ourselves 'Virtue', 'Chaos' or 'Balance' in the beginning really demeans the deeper levels of character progression I was expecting from SotA as a roleplaying game.

I can see player guilds temporarily controlling access to certain resources, or underworld entrances, (knowing there will be several others to choose from), but not control over entire areas of the over-world map. Hmm.. now maybe if a single PvP player could pick a random bridge, and claim that bridge as a toll bridge until they are defeated, (they should get an hourly income whether players cross or not, assuming NPC's cross the bridge regularly, but face the chance of NPC patrols coming to protect the roads from highwaymen like them..) and non-PvP players should have the option to take the time to hire guards to help weed out the highwaymen as well (whether the guards be players or NPC's)..

Again, I'm all for options, and blurring the lines between players and non-players. Any of these ideas are pretty complex in my brain, so I'm not sure what we'll end up with, but I look forward to finding out!

12. azaroth75

azaroth75 Avatar

I'm sorry, but as non english speaker, I'm missing the meanign.. :p

13. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

On your account page, you have the option to convert add-on purchases back to store credit. They've been calling this conversion melting.
    Or, you can send them to other accounts.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  14. azaroth75

azaroth75 Avatar

ok ty!

Sir Frank likes this.
  15. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

I agree with many of your conclusions and support you in continous battle to make PVP really meaningfull.

In my opinion there is only one trouble (from pve point of view) - one server only - in other games you can choose pve or pvp server, here PVEers gonna cry haaaard to mitigate any meaningful part of PVP ... as I see it, if bunch of people made such big effort to take control and hold a control point on map, you should have to confront them if you want to pass....if you are not able to figure out the confrontation (pay up, fight them, run around through swamps where you get pulled in many PVE instances which should make PVEer soooo happy) you can always turn around and go back from where you came from and put together party that will help you organize....

I just hope it wont be one of those "I am PVE solo player and other players trying to interact with me are bothering me" type of game from PVP stand point of view

16. Periwinkle Elodie

Periwinkle Elodie Avatar

I appreciate you love for pvp, however, may I ask how you feel about this...what if a bunch of people made a big effort to put on a concert once the music system is put in place. Are you willing to come listen to our shows, or pay us for doing the show?
    See. I think a better solution is out there somewhere. I don't think I should suffer your preferred style of game play anymore than you should have to suffer mine so you should have a music player volume slider you can turn down so that you don't have to suffer my preferred style of game play.

Ice Queen and Gaelis like this.
  17. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

If you want to stay in RP you can come to the control point and pay the money....I know we will have hard time to explain to you guys, but there will be lots of blood spilled until everyone learns to pay up the nice friendly fee to us kobold heads ... we are not here to ruin your experience, we are here to enhance it ... *Maybe...Maybe you will think of me .... when you are aaaall alone...!*

if you dont want to stay RP than zone to guy that is managing the event ... as we do even now in alfa...

18. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

Also, there are PVE instances that pull you, there will be mobs wandering the overworld map, if they are able pull you in fight why shouldnt other players be able as well in reasonable mannor...no one said that it should be completly unregulated and mindless resskilling .... but you could fight your way through - if you win, good for you, if you loose you pay some fee and you could be able to flag pvp off for example

Of course it would be perfect if there would be "karma" system where your crimes like killing innocent craft and taking off his possesion would be noticed by the karma system if anyone else see this (other players, guards, travelling npc, yo mama, ...) so it would make you hard time to go to specific locations (like strict player cities)

aaaand this brings me to Disguise / Recognize chaos magic ... https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-on-chaos-magic-and-disguise-recognize.33222/

19. Periwinkle Elodie

Periwinkle Elodie Avatar

You are missing the point. Why would you want to push the kind of play style you like on others? Tell you what...I'll agree with your way as long as you agree with mine. I pay your fee, but if you don't show up to a concert me or others put on, then you pay us as well? Sounds fair doesn't it? Forced PvP and forced role play anyone?
    Now, back to seriousness, I won't PvP and I am not willing to have to pay others to avoid PvP. Period. No more than you would be willing to leave your PvP to come watch a music show, play, or other player event and cheer us on. As for the mindless resurrection killing, or any other low tactic I've seen all to often in PvP in the past....if there is a way, people are going to do it. It comes with the territory. No thanks. So please, don't try to drag others into you idea of what good gaming is. Not all of us agree with you about it. I for one wouldn't mind seeing a rp server, pvp server, and pve server. It would solve many of the problems. They could even make it so you could log onto the one you want when you first boot up the game. Would solve many of the problems that will be created if there is only one style of server and/or forced PvP.

Beno Ledoux and Ice Queen like this.
  20. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

See - and you are forcing me your play style ("I wont I wont I wont!") and accusing me of trying to drag anyone anywhere ... nothing more to discuss here ... *hap hap flyes away*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.