1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q3 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

No one is at a disadvantage. If you don't want to go get the resources yourself just buy them from some one. Player vendors in R20 ftw.

2. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

Burninating the countryside! Burninating all da peoples and their thatched-roofed cottages...
    Wait...
    I can't wait!
    Release 21 promises a lot of fun and new game features.
    Yes to use based skills and burninating!

Cordelayne and Siriustar like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Um, wth is "burninating" ?
    And - am I safe if I don't have a thatched roof? :cool:

Jivalax Azon and leilakin like this.
  4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

5. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

I feel so jealous that you are going to find that out right now for the first time with our replies (or an internet search!)

Burninating is something that was sung about Trogdor the Burninator, a character (a dragon) created by Strongbad in the early 2000s. The video is an important entry in the annals of the internet and the song has been used in several video games, too.

WATCH the orignal TROGDOR video and sing along here!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Ok, that explains - - a lot.

Jivalax Azon and leilakin like this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

There are really people existing that don't know that and by that....don't know Strongbad!?
    Goodness....i.....that makes little Jesus cry, i tell you.
    ;-)

mbomber likes this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Nah, he's probably got better things to do...

Budner likes this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Better things than watching strongbad? I doubt it ;-)

mbomber likes this.
  10. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I was hoping that mines were full pvp. If people want to mine go to the regular zones if you want ore galore. Then its war and possibly guild wars for the mines...

Or maybe create new mines just for pvpers...? There should be at least one PVP mine .

11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Since R22 is about to be released next week, ending the Q3 schedule... I was wondering if there was a Q4 2015 Schedule coming soon that we could take a peek at?

Would love to see the plan for the end of the year and what we can expect to be testing in the coming months.

12. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Normally it comes 2 weeks after the last release started

13. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

OK. I haven't been around here long enough to know that.

Thanks for the info @Sindariya

mbomber and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
  14. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

I see several posts here about PvP areas having rare resources and why its ok and why all of us PvErs can just buy them or sit on our thumbs because we are little wussy pants. I think that is a little shortsighted. Understand I am against PvP, not against challenge and risk. Rare node guarded by some noob with a dagger who wandered in to the wrong zone ... won't fight him for it. Rare node guarded by angry invulnerable dragon who spits perma death ... give me a teaspoon and I'll see if I can sneak by to get to the node.

I favor risk for reward. Multi-person raids to get to the node, great. You want to PvP to get to same type of node in PvP area, have fun. No problem. But please understand some of us get angry when you say such and such is only in PvP zones. Fine if some other thing is ONLY in PvE zones and we can trade.

But this is certainly off topic. Looking forward to hearing about Q4 and maybe some hints about Q1 2016.

15. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I still find it funny, People cry risk vs reward. There is no risk in pvp areas for pvper's there really isn't.

Now i do agree with that the pvp zones need higher lvl resource packages. im sorry if i can mine gather collect whatever in a non pvp zone faster or equal to a pvp zone then tell me why i would want to go. I personally love gathering in pvp zones when you make it worth my while ill be there more.

But seriously drop the whole crap of risk vs reward garbage. no one buys that line anymore.

The problem pvpers run into with this argument is that most of the pve players know what has happened in previous games they played where they were forced to enter pvp area's and compete against the pvpers to get basic items they needed to play the game. watching your gear get cut up before them and not being able to buy even the basic items from those zones to be competitive. an example 120 magery scroll you would never see it on a vendor for sale the only place you could buy one of those was online for cash. not yes im sure every now and then would show up but lets be honest it was so rare its not worth mentioning.

What pvper's are getting now from most of the pve community is a hard line the same line they received in the past. from pvper's in the game. the arguments you present to enhance pvp need to come up with new idea's. same old line;s are being ignored on many lvl's cause ....

1) they dont care about pvp wont pvp so they could care less how bad it is.
    2) they were abused by pvper's before and will not back any pvp idea out of spite
    3) pvper's post poor argumentative points (not all a few post really good one's and i back them regularly)
    4) some of the pvper's are looking for the old sheep slaughter and trying to entice that game play back

5) this is my last point and it goes against almost all of the play styles.... The lack of compromise or caring for play styles for other than what you play is horrible here. no one wants to give another play style an inch. People get snarky and hateful on the forums when what they (personally believe) is challenged. its the all or nothing attitude.

if people are fighting over A and C neither side will win but should they work together to get B then while neither side has gotten everything they wanted at least both sides could get some of what they wanted. thats the nature of compromise.

16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

It has only been said by players and not by devs.
    What have been said by devs is that there will be more rare resources in shardfall areas than in normal ones, partly due to them always being high level.

To give an example: So if nodes normally give out 1/15 rare drops (like nickel or suets or borers or whatnots), then they could give 1/10 in Shardfalls.

They toyed with the idea of PvP crafting and items for a while and then they talked about PvP resources, but that was a long time ago and has since then been stated that they are no longer thinking in that direction.

So for the crafting economy there will be no unique resources available in shardfalls that are not avaialable elsewhere but in smaller quantaties.
    For instance it seems that the dark crystals from Shardfalls, that used to be only be available in Shardfalls, can now also be potentially found in Desolis and the Epitaph.

mbomber likes this.
  17. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I want to know too !!!

Jivalax Azon and Jacqueline like this.
  18. smack

smack Avatar

Given previous quarterly posts, we should see the Q4 2015 next week with R22.

Jivalax Azon, mbomber and Duke Raas like this.
  19. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

But what if I'm jumping up and down with impatience? Do you think they might post it a wee bit early and then edit as needed ? Maybe?

Jivalax Azon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.