1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q3 2017 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I agree with everything you said, except for one thing -- "Release" has certain requirements as decided at Kickstarter time, and if those aren't met, there will be a bump in schedule. As we have seen in the past several months, they are doing their best to check those boxes, whether by finishing a feature or by morphing the requirement into something that makes sense in the current state of the project evolution.

Koldar likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@LoneStranger

Ah yes. There is a difference in the word "release" which are used for multiple purposes.

Monthly Release > Firm date
    Product Launch Release > Bumped several times

Koldar and LoneStranger like this.
  3. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Thanks Spoon, I appreciate the perspective. However, this time it's different as they lost 50% of their progress from the most recent release. A setback they have yet to deal with previously, hence the question above. I certainly don't expect them to work 80 hours a week to make up the difference but I wouldn't be shocked if they put in some overtime to get caught up. So, I thought a little insight from @DarkStarr might be nice :)

Spoon likes this.
  4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

The release will still go out on its intended date. There will indeed be some content that will push out because of a combination of last release's perforce issues, increasing focus on performance, more time supporting our Travian and Black Sun partners, etc.

Right now R46 items at risk are mostly related to programming/features (Offline Spawning Rules, Fishing, Alchohol, Agriculture, POT Tools, etc.) while items that are mostly just content (new maps, new wearables, new quests, etc.) are on target.

Applerust and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Oh no! POT Tools at risk!

One saving grace was that last release was a 5 week release and not a 4 week release.

6. Godra

Godra Avatar

@DarkStarr please tell me the POT Tools being pushed out further is a sick joke, right? :(

7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Unfortunate to see offline taking a hit again. "Maybe next month (tm)" offline will get more love?

Darlok Brimstone likes this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There are fewer than 300 Governors, Godra... Must keep things in perspective. By far the most important Tool that I need is Improved Performance, and improved performance helps Everyone. For Governors with improved performance comes greater deco limits... All the other things I might want are a distant second.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  9. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I'm with ya @Rufus D`Asperdi "Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." -Spock

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

...or the one.

Applerust likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.