1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Well, I haven't seen anything in writing, but I asked Chris Spears about this a long time ago, and he said concatenation of first and last names, and I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise.
    I don't see any sane way to make every account have a unique last name.
    I acknowledge that plans can change, and I'm not able to monitor everything every dev says through all of the various outlets to the community.
    There are only a couple of hundred folks ahead of me in the line, and I can't imagine any of them would want to claim my first and last name.

Tarsin likes this.
  2. Guppy

Guppy Avatar

Perhaps something can be done like PoT's, where everyone who wants to can submit their desired name ahead of time.
    Then it can be seen if there are any conflicts and let those people know and give them some options:
    1. See if the lower level person cares, or has no problem picking another name.
    2. If the lower level person really wants that name, see if the higher level person is willing to pick another name.

Also, not sure if using the name during pre-release should automatically get squatters right to a name. Even though Smaug used the name Bowman to identify his killer I have no intention of that being my real characters name. I would never reveal the real name, since it will be so awesome somebody else may try to take it. :)

(I am just guessing that is what they did with PoT's if 2 people wanted the exact same location)

Edit: Of course that doesn't mean there can't be a royal decree for those citizens who have performed above and beyond the call of duty and their names would be forever protected.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  3. Austin90

Austin90 Avatar

Whats the 'Melt Down Item's" for example i pledged Edelmann, yet i haven't received the home yet. I was just waiting for a wipe to see if it comes at that point. Ive received everything else thus far. Are these the meltdown items?

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Right before you go into a game that has had a wipe, first check your account page and you will see a 'convert to credits' after the items you can convert to credits. Like say you bought a black cat and decided you no longer want it then you can convert it to credits. If you go into the game you lose that option until the next wipe which is usally a few months away. Hope that helps.:)

Cianna likes this.
  5. Sir Frank

Melt Down Items are items listed on your account page under the heading:
    Your Add-Ons, Stretch Goal, and Make A Difference Purchases

Chatele, majoria70 and mbomber like this.
  6. GiuseppeITA

GiuseppeITA Avatar

Please, localized this game in italian language

7. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Logain likes this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't like any of the current templates. I hope we can greatly expand the choices to include something appropriate for not just my POT but others.

I think one big focus should be on creating smaller scenes for smaller POTs. I think making all the scenes Metropolis size is understandable for scaling of upgrades, but having the ability to shrink down the landmass and give some POTs a cozier feel is going to be an important part of this process.

In the case of Rats Nest, it will be connected to Old Penshire Wharf, and the plan will be to have this as another connecting district to Rats Nest. I believe the same thing is happening in Beran's Reach, as well as other POTs, so hopefully this will be something we can see over the next few months.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. Pababear

Pababear Avatar

All comments on the first 7 pages are interesting. I have enjoyed trying out all the new content, was surprised by encounters in the fields by Admont and Dragomir and have enjoyed them. Much better than along the trails where we travel to get somewhere. I like the taming, now... have to work for a tamed pet. Keep up the good work. I have to revisit my old haunts in the world because there are many tweaks to improve the game. No whining here...
    Pyrite

10. Morrandir

Morrandir Avatar

I haven't followed the development closely since Kickstarter, so it would be nice if anyone could give me an update. Is Episode 1 still scheduled for end of 2015 as it's stated on the Wiki page?

11. Womby

Womby Avatar

No. Episode 1 will appear some time in 2016. As with every game developed since ever, the actual delivery date and the original estimated delivery date do not match.

Retlaw, Numa, Morrandir and 5 others like this.
  12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    They should put that as a disclaimer. "the game will be delivered sometime this century".

Ice Queen likes this.
  13. Morrandir

Morrandir Avatar

Thanks! Is there a source for this info?

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  14. Sir Frank

It's just a guess.

The expected delivery date has shifted 2 or 3 times since the original date (which was Oct 2014).
    The official answer is currently "when our backers tell us it's ready", which Starr has mentioned in a video. I'm not sure I've seen anything in writing.

smack and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  15. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

FTFY. Don't want to add to much pressure on the dev team! :p

smack and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  16. Morrandir

Morrandir Avatar

Well, there's the aforementioned Wiki page. Who's responsible for that?

17. Sir Frank

smack likes this.
  18. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I gotta jump in here... the wiki is the collaborative effort of so many people... that small list are the people who helped start it but not the list of those who keep it updated and working... here's that list from the last 30 days :)
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Special:ActiveUsers

Ellrynn, Gaelis, Solazur and 3 others like this.
  19. smack

smack Avatar

They should also update the Steam page, because it still says the following:

But it also says:
    [/quote]

Sir Frank likes this.
  20. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

[/QUOTE]
    fixed

Whyterose Flowers, Logain and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.