1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 2016 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Starter guilds are common in most games, gives new players somewhere to ask questions and get a feel or early assistance. Im all for that, as coming in new to this game is painful atm.

Only real complaint i have about that list is how far down fishing is = (
    At least toss a few new fish in there before hand ;)

StevieD, 4EverLost and LoneStranger like this.
  2. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

yep, as i thought. happy. also helps them learn the system syntax by having them opt out of that guild whenever they choose by leaving it as they would any guild...

it does bring something to mind:
    is there going to be anything done to combat the inevitable spammer breaking TOS by advertising in there, outside of the marketplace, or is that channel going to be grandfathered into the whitelist?

oh, will there be a trigger for trying to re-join the guild, like if you are wearing your hospitaller or outlander tag, you can get in there without needing authorization? hope so, it'll help the hospitallers hospitall better!

4EverLost likes this.
  3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Great plan. Can't wait, cheer, wow, awesome, great, etc.

/me removes rose-colored glasses

...Also concerned about what's missing and in @Balec Fares deCani list.

And be honest, now. You're among friends, Starr, so no need to sugarcoat it: you still have AT LEAST one year into final release, amirite?

Moiseyev Trueden, smack and Kaisa like this.
  4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Is there going to be any focus on PvP? There is little to no mention in the R34 instructions. Now looking through the R35,R36, and R37 PvP in not mentioned at all. Have you guys abandoned any development on this?

5. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

first line of r36

DeSade likes this.
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

yes thank you. But not exactly what I am talking about. They are introducing another area. What about pvp? Is there any news from the PvP scrums? @Chris , have you thought about factions? Any news on the new "bucs den" they talked about from the last telethon? Anything? The new pvp area is interesting and it states they will be working on a town area, is that the "bucs den" area?

DeSade and Abydos like this.
  7. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

I'm generally not interested in PVP BUT once "Bucs Den" arrives I'll be there PVP and all :)

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

perhaps I will have R34 downloaded by then! :D J/K well I still am downloading R34 but it should be done in a couple days lol

CatherineRose likes this.
  9. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

For the record - The Hospitallers are not the only people that help new players. Not that it makes much of a difference, but...

Outlanders Guild - are all of those Hospitallers going to quit their current guilds join this one big newbie default guild? Will non-starting characters be allowed to join? How will leadership of said guild be regulated? Will there be officers? What happens when one or two new players just are dicks to be dicks and drive the other new players out of the guild, because there is no one to kick the troublemakers? Will this guild be prohibited from participation in wars or alliances? What if that's what a majority of the new players in it want? Will there be a timer, that says after say 100 hours of game play a new player is just booted and find their own way in these wicked lands? Will new players be able to quit on the floating start island in the sky, like they can dump their Outlander titles now? What happens when people create new characters over and over to advertise things for sale, opportunities to pick up cheap real estate in South Marsh, or to promote other guilds in the guild (maybe eventual voice) chat of this grand new impressionable player group?

Anyway, sounds like a fun idea that needs many, many aspects fleshed out. It's definitely not my thing, but hope it turns out for the best and good luck to the Hospitallers herding new players. I'd rather see resources allocated to something else.

V/R Brickbat

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I can already see the RMT folks hanging in the outlander guild. It has a really good chance of backfiring into a really crappy new user experience. New users should not be pimped to buy or rent houses or gold. That will turn off the majority new users from ever coming back.

That should be reconsidered. One could argue that the new players will get scammed anyway, but the difference here is (1) the new users are being grouped for easy access by the con artists and (2) fewer people are going to be watching that guild. 99% of all the people that care about the game will not be in it to call foul.

Shocking that this even made the list.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  11. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Looking forward to following more of the courage questline! Q4 is very promising :)

12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Wow, so many offline features until the end of the year. I can definitely see a great offline experience for release of Episode 1 ;)
    Sorry, I couldn't resist...

smack and Elfenwahn like this.
  13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Players vs Players ? Factions ? Risk/Reward ?

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  14. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

You could just leave the guild.....is it really that big a deal?

Ice Queen likes this.
  15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Not quite sure why Hospitallers need all new players in a guild, can only guess this is to identify a new player so they can 'help' them. The whole idea of a new player guild isn't that great, will create all sorts of problems and issues.

Should bring back "young" player status.........it can be renounced by a player or can disapear after 'x' number of hours of play...............................supposed to be a spiritual successor after all.

16. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

How does the new player guild work? Can anyone join it or is it just for new players?

17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

For some reason it reminds me of the people that gather at airports and play tambourines lol.

DeSade likes this.
  18. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well crafters are forced to become adventurers.

Moiseyev Trueden, Gravidy and Kaisa like this.
  19. Talewin

Talewin Avatar

why not have the new player guild being something you join by talking with the Oracle. and honestly it should not be a new player guild so much as a npc guild. that anyone can join any time they fine them self guildless. it will be their own choice

20. dp_dropout

dp_dropout Avatar

Really looking forward to fishing! Hopefully it will become a viable source of income, not just fishmonger/cook oriented.

Tahru and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.