1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 2016 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I think a decent behavior would be to have the teleports/recalls be limited to the entrance to the scene instead of to your doorstep or your friend. It would help limit potential exploits around the siege system.

I'm also curious about how the sieges would be in effect. I am not sure I want hostile NPCs running around the entire town. A specified siege area could be neat, and the town scenes might be expandable outside the current bounds to create a large siege location. I would understand NPC behavioral changes during a siege too, giving people an incentive to go help with the fight.

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

well sounds nice - hope for better agriculture and fair times to water your seeds. more seeds to plant cookable and brewable stuff.
    Totaly hyped about the optional PoT Entrance, but thats a special to me, because after the PoT Owner changed it, it fits more to the OW Map and Setting, besides my house isn't any longer on the complete opposite site, but in the very near of the entrance :)
    I'm also glad about the change of the the visual effect for items that have been Enchanted or Masterworked, because the yellow is *meh*
    hope it will become blue or white and less shiny or something like an Aura.

great anouncements all over - still like the game so much!!!

majoria70 and moko like this.
  3. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Would love to see a few craftable Japanese themed weapon recipes on vendors in Ardoris.
    Katana would be hugely popular for blade wielding avatars, you could do a Yari for Polearms, Kusarigama for Bludgeon, and a Daikyu for Ranged. :D

4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

Fantastic ideas man. I want.

Another idea, but for the long list in another chapter: have each towns combat master teach you a style of fighting. None is better than another, but it is just the visual styles you see. Ardoris would have animations resembling asiatic fighting. Other towns may hav viking styles, or english (redcoat) styles.

Vaiden Luro and Grimace2 like this.
  5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Youre certainly on to something here. Im hoping for a much wider variety of Pan-Asian polearms:

[​IMG] `

So much more versatility can be expressed beyond a halberd. Even two different types of regular staves can have widely different utility and style. So often games limit staves/polearms to a "one kinda weapon, one kinda slash" style.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  6. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

@DarkStarr update on the alliance system?

7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Grimace2 likes this.
  8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

It was supposed to be back in R40 but was delayed. It's not on the Q2 roadmap so it may be a down the line thing or may get snuck in to a release since the Q2 notes are very high level.

Edit - Or what he said ^^. I can't find my delete button.

Grimace2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.