Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

QA 579 Salvaging Items for Patterns/Materials Observations

Discussion in 'Release 47 QA Feedback Forum' started by Datendrache, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

So in short, I grabbed all the special weapon drops I could and salvaged them on the QA server 579 and another earlier release (didn't write it down at the time). Not sure if I reached 100 items, but it was somewhere up there. I found only 2 patterns with GM salvaging skills. This isn't statistically abnormal, but not necessarily more encouraging for me.

The weapon value was that deconstructed was probably significant since many players like to use these as deco. I sell routinely many of these "special weapons" for 500gp+ each so the resulting patterns still don't seem worth it. (I got a messer pattern and a lich axe pattern.)

What -did- make me happy was getting an imbued elven bowstring of precision that had some really meaningful bonuses when crafted into a bow. That is a kick'n bow right there.

For the hype, I figured the rate would be greater. Maybe this should be adjusted again? The problem with random is that I can't be sure. :)

Engineer

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Trihugger likes this.
  2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Not that this is indicative of actual chance since the sample size is relatively small but how many elven bows did you salvage to get the bowstring?

3. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Not too many, something like 6 or so of the elven longbows to get the string.

The string gave +5% Aimed Shot Damage, +5% Weapon Critical Chance, and +5 Dexterity. This, and both enchant and masterwork for the bow start at 95% chance success for me.

[​IMG]

Sincerely,

Engineer

Spinok likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nice.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Can you combine two of the strings together when crafting a bow, like other bowstrings? Or combine it with a different string?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.