Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

QA resources for testers

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Proteus Tempest, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I'm sure this has been asked before but...

Could the testers on the QA server be given a pack of resources to be used with crafting and such? With only a short time to test before the release goes live it would be great if we did not have to gather a bunch of resources on our own to test with.

2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Also, extra gold would be ok to buy resorces but the public vendors seem to run out of goods to sell after a point in time.

Bamboozle and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  3. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I think a possible solution would be to give us a truck load of gold and make a QA vendor with a bunch of resources on it.

We would just buy what we need.

Archer, Bamboozle and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  4. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

It would definitely be good to have more testing of crafting on QA. Any QA build can be promoted to a Live build, so we have to be careful to avoid adding in-game test mechanics. There is one difference on QA that you might use - when you start a new character on QA, you get 50,000 starting gold. So that's one way to get a bunch of gold if you don't mind starting with a new character.

It occurs to me that we might be able to add something where "bonus" resources get delivered to your bank periodically. Would something like that be helpful?

5. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Its not always good to start over, high-lvl skills and recipes need to be tested too.
    Its not like players like to grind on QA also like on live-server...that is why it would be good to get resources and reagents to test crafting and combat also.
    Should not be a prob because it don't affect the Live-Server :)

Mata and Solazur like this.
  6. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Yes, This would be great. :D

I like to have the high levels I have already worked for and in that way I can always test mechanics of any variety I would think.

I have the starting resource bags that I got as a pledger and I don't use them on the live server so I can use them here BUT they don't have so much that extensive testing could be done.

Thanks for replying. :D

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  7. Bamboozle

Bamboozle Avatar

That would be great. I think that many things go untested on QA server because of this. :)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  8. Lord Subtleton

I've added a task for this.

9. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Thank You very much! :)

10. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

One of the helpful things that the UO test server offered was the ability to create a character, have almost anything they might need to use available to them in their bank, have them able to dial up any set of stats or skills (at any time) they might wish to test. Just a thought

Moiseyev Trueden and liz_the_wiz like this.
  11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

it would help with some of the testing we might want to do, for example, its nice for me to have my toon from live, but, what if I want to create a toon, Im never going to level it to a higher level in the time provided, as I work and have chores and stuff to do outside the game, as a result, I have limited testing options, Id rather there was something a bit like the eq /betabuff command that allowed you to dialup a level - in our case maybe skill points to assign as a one off, so you can start at the beginning, or you can dial up some higher level in a tree maybe your live toon is a n00b at, and test things like the spell casting focus tree, or whatever..

12. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Well, at least for OFFLINE play, i can provide a save to a brand NEW GAME with A LOT of resources (more than you will ever need inside Soltown bank), experience and money for anyone solely interested in testing.

I already have them, both a male and a female avatar version - you can even edit the file for a more suitable name.

It even have some pledge rewards, like expert stations, prosperity tools, and a complete crafting pavillion placed in Soltown for convenience. I use it for testing my translations and I don't want to simply make it public, because well... this can ruin the game experience for many new players.

But first i need to know if the devs agree with it. ;P

What do you think @Lord Subtleton ? May i post a link to it here on Dev+ forums?

Gaelis and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  13. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

thank you:)

14. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I must be missing the obvious - but people here have mentioned saving a copy of their live toon for offline play. I dont see a save button to do that?? how do you guys do that

15. Lord Subtleton

Yes, it's OK to post here about offline save game files for the purpose of testing.

16. Sir Leonard

Ty sir, i'll add a bit more stuff to it (some pledge rewards) and post it then. ;)

17. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Leonard -> Since they've given the ok, you might as well just make it default to TheHub area, with that also being its crier-bound location, so it can utilize the dev resources there... That's what a large portion of people have been using to do proper QA and build tests. The downside to this offline testing is that it doesn't get you bug hours credit.
    But it means they have access to all pledge rewards/etc/resources to test the new ones for placement issues/etc. The downside is it also reveals all recipes, however that's been kinda a given ever since offline mode went in.

18. Sir Leonard

Hmm, where exactly is this area? Don't think i am aware of it.
    PS: I am finishing the files (and adding some flavor to them) and i'll post it today or tomorrow night.

19. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Sent you a message.

20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Im looking forward to this, I fear it maybe a little late for R35, but it would be very useful for future testing - I dont know where the area is either, so if you can tell me where you post it, Id be very appreciative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.