Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

QA369 & QA370 - Auto Attack & Mouse Movement-Run Inoperative

Discussion in 'Release 31 Dev+' started by Brickbat, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I have one question for @Chris :
    What was wrong with the way we've been moving via the mouse (in SotA) for years now, that you have somehow decided that it needed to change ?

2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The player instructions still say: "You can also move forward using the mouse by holding both the left and right buttons down simultaneously (only in Interactive mode)."

I don't know what the problems are that you describe - I never had any conflicts using both mouse buttons to navigate and move. However, I only use interactive (cursor) mode. The only place I would like NOT to use that mode is while travelling on the overworld map. I would like to be able to move using the WASD keys there and move the camera simply by moving the mouse. But the overworld map is the only place that doesn't work.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Acred and Leostemplar like this.
  5. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

I stood in OH for an hour trying to get myself to move. Finally did a remap of the middle mouse wheel. Now I can move but like Onyx says this is very uncomfortable. Please change it back to the way it was.

Acred, Leostemplar and FrostII like this.
  6. Duncan O. McDermott

I know I read the guide and said WTH why can't I move?

7. Duncan O. McDermott

Just when you thought things were going great this bug comes back.

FrostII and Acred like this.
  8. Duncan O. McDermott

Here,Here

9. Duncan O. McDermott

Put it back the way it was and please leave it alone in the future.

Leostemplar and FrostII like this.
  10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Unfortunately it's not a bug.
    Some genius decided it would be a great change.
    Apparently nobody on the dev team (with a voice) moves with the mouse.

11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Every little change to controls causes such a panic in players.. :) Old dog new trick reasons... Relax, not calling anyone old haha :D you guys :D

I am looking forward to trying out the new control scheme that the devs felt was necessary to help with the right-click bugs and context menu, as I've been bothered often by that right-click movement and the context menu coming up all the time. Change is good, give it a chance. Or, suggest an alternative. And, as LB says (and I agree 100%), lots of time yet to either put it back, or change it further! hehe! :D

Grimace2 and Duncan O. McDermott like this.
  12. Duncan O. McDermott

Just what the world needed another genius

Leostemplar and FrostII like this.
  13. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

I am at wits end, We have gone over and over this several times and though it had been decided to at least have mouse movement with the right mouse or left + right Mouse button an option. And now we are find out all that was just to placate us for a short time. Depressing the center button or wheel for movement forward requires far more force than the left or right or both mouse buttons. Second if while scrolling in and out of a fight frequently necessary in PVM when trees or rocks are in the area, it will probably frequently mean I will move forward when I do not want to. It is apparent that for some reason that even with all those who rely on the right and left mouse buttons for movement that our opinions do not count, let alone those of us who are getting older or with physical issues that may only have one hand available. Never have I heard so many of my close friends who I have known for years, some from the beginning of UO, and who have closed their accounts there, and had hoped for a great new game talk about selling their accounts. Truthfully I cannot blame them. I grow tired of reporting bugs and providing feedback, feedback by the way that has received dozens of likes, like mouse movement and then think the issue is solved and believe maybe Portalarium is listening only to find out we seem to strung along until some new group of young 18 to 30 year olds can take our place. I am 67 years old and had hoped to play this game for as long as I live. Today for the first time, I think that dream has now slipped away. I just regret I put so much trust in people and spent so much on this game.

Lord-Galiwyn, Flair, Beli and 4 others like this.
  14. Duncan O. McDermott

Well I am old so I am not offended :) I just had not read anything about this change in D S instructions. It may have been in there I just don't remember seeing it.

PK U, Womby and Fister Magee like this.
  15. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Thanks @Gamician for your comments. My wife and I bought into this game 1 1/2 years ago for $45.00 each and even though I have you beat by a couple of years we too had hoped for numerous years of playing this game. One of Jade's most common statements to new players is she hopes to play this game until they rip the mouse from her cold, dead hands. Now I'm concerned that we may not be able to get our (currently $15,000) contribution back. These recent changes with the mouse and movement are getting rather old after the first year of delight.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I guess we won't be looking at this and other issues, with the right-click movement thing.. hmm.. there must be a better way.. it's still not right.

17. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Ahh, it appears the problem is being addressed. Thank you @DarkStarr and @Chris. You had me really worried this time.

PK U and Duncan O. McDermott like this.
  18. Duncan O. McDermott

I wish I could be 67 again. :)

Fister Magee likes this.
  19. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

PK U and Duncan O. McDermott like this.
  20. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

All current mmo style games use left and right mouse movers for a reason, its a tried and true system that im sure has science and millions of play hours invested into and landed us here for a reason. No need to reinvent the wheel on mouse move its already down to a science.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.