Quest givers being "off duty"

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Uncle Sven, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Sven

Uncle Sven Avatar

I am being forced to spin my heals waiting for the Harbor Master, Avatis to continue my quest. I get that everyone deserves downtime, even NPCs. How is this a fun quest, if I have to wait for 15 to 30 minutes?
    The fact that I have time to type this out instead of play is testament to this portion of the game being well, boring!

hroth likes this.
  2. UOAmethyst

UOAmethyst Avatar

Its no fun to wait 30 minutes to by mandrake either so I can go do something.

hroth likes this.
  3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

For the quest givers, they have to sleep somewhere... you can always wake them up, if you are willing to accept the virtue hit.

Shops? haven't tried and am assuming they won't bother with transactions until morning.

4. Asltok

Asltok Avatar

What he's saying is some quest givers and targets will outright tell you to bugger off with no possible interaction, because they are off duty. This forces you to either leave, ruining the momentum built doing the quest, or wait 15-30 minutes, again ruining the pace of the quest and quite frankly disrespecting the players time.

5. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I understand what he's talking about. I wasn't aware that quest givers would react this way, only that shopkeepers that are strictly shopkeepers would do this.

I don't know if this will change, as it was intended to be this way. The best advice is if they do this, go find something else to do for the time you have to wait.

6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Some NPC's are very serious about their free time. Avatis one of them, if he is off duty he will seriously not help you. Give him some free time in the tavern.
    Just wait till its daytime and come back to him.

Brewton likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Most NPCs that go off-duty at night will only do so for about 10 minutes (from 5-til until about 5-after the hour). A few, like the harbormaster, have about a 20 minute window they are gone (5-til until about 15-after). Its annoying at times, but surely you can find something to do in this game for 15 minutes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.