Quest Guides?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mortanius, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

I think that I am finished with the "Path of Love"... double checking quest of the avatar... I'm not exactly sure if I have completed it. Is there a better source of information out there regarding all the "Paths"? Thanks.

Shade Baneborn likes this.
  2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

If you got 100k experience, then you finished that quest line.

Mortanius likes this.
  3. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

I must admit, while I was frustrated by that guide a year ago when I was just obsessed with grinding through and hadn't really become anchored into the amazing community, I now appreciate how obscure it is and truly hope no one writes step by step traditional guides for the quests in this game. Takes all the fun out of the old INFOCOM-flashback discovery magic.

Mortanius likes this.
  4. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

It's been a while since I think I've completed it. Looks like April 5th, if it is what I think it is (Steam's last achievement for the quest line). Do you know? If so, do you mind if I message you to ask if I'm right?

5. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

I agree, but I don't mind finding the guide once I feel like I'm done. I never ruin games before I play them. I just wish the system was a little bit more clear. I like being a completionist, but I don't know if I have even completed the full tasking. I do enjoy finding things on my own.

I remember as a kid playing the first Zelda. I got stuck searching for the 5th temple. I played every day for weeks, until I gave up on it. I had 999 rupees, I lit every tree I could to see if it hid a passage, and bombed what seemed like every rock surface for the same. I did everything else I could do. It wasn't until months later that I was looking at the instruction guide and saw that maybe the temple I was looking for was by the hills that kept repeating itself going north. So, I started it up and kept going north multiple times, and what do ya know. I found the temple. I then beat the game two days later.

I would have killed just to get that one little hint... I didn't want to be hand held. lol. That's how I feel about this game. I would just like to have a resource to let me know where I stand.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you completed it if you have the heart of sorrows

Mortanius likes this.
  7. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

@Alley Oop Welp... I guess I haven't finished it yet lol... thanks.

8. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Any idea where you left off?

9. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

If you received 100K XP and a special item, then the path has been completed.

Mortanius likes this.
  10. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

Right after killing Min Liang Tan... I believe that I brought that news to Priestess Khasi.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

head for the necropolis!

Mortanius likes this.
  12. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

To check, talk with the Priestess and the Shogun and see if they have anything special to say. If they don't, then head to the inn where the two spirit talker guys are and talk with Samael. If he still doesn't have anything special to say that updates your journal, do as @Alley Oop suggests and head for Necropolis. You should have some kind of necropolis key thing in your inventory after killing Min

Mortanius likes this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

14. Quinn Zorich

Quinn Zorich Avatar

While I am loving the game, I must admit the quest system IMO has been a disappointment. I don't mind talking with every NPC to see if there is another clue or quest to follow, however I want to feel like I am making progress. Unless I check a forum or look at walkthrough videos on YouTube, I have no idea how far along I am or if I have completed all there is to do in a certain town.

jolanar, Mortanius and Trihugger like this.
  15. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Couldn't agree more. One thing I have noticed that sort-of works is some NPC's with quests will like... have a sparkly wave emote they do. Basically if you see an NPC like this, they have a quest. However it's not 100% that NPC's that DON'T do this won't have a quest lol...

Quinn Zorich likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.