Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quest Items

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Could we please make all quest items universal between banks?

This would allow us to store them in any bank, and retrieve them again without having to travel to the local bank. Because they already weigh next to nothing this would not impact the regional economies.

It would also be nice if they would not take up a bank slot due to the fact that many of these items appear to be bugged and should probably have returned back to the game once a quest has ended but it is very hard to know what is intended and what is not so we end up with tons of quest items in our inventory (annoying us). :)

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since they can't be sold or traded, they won't impact regional economies.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The way the bank works, they would probably have to show up with a specific location. Right now, "Reward" is the only one with global access, and it just doesn't make sense to use this. If they named a new location something like "Quest Item", it would even confirm that yes, that is a quest item you have there. It would also cause sort-by-town mode to kick them out of the non-quest items, thus reducing bank spam.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

It would be great to have a Register for quest items :)

May be a Text behind the items telling which one (Love) (Truth) (Courage) (Oracle) ...

5. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're actually going a different route: we're removing quest items from banks, entirely. Instead they are a special type of inventory item that does not count against weight or item restrictions.

6. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

So those stupid automiton monkeys that weigh 15 whatever's will no longer weigh 15¿ :)

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

maybe not: there's quest items and then there's quest items. lum may be referring to only those items that are flagged so they can't be anywhere but in your inventory or in your bank. not sure if those monkeys are flagged for that; i know the elven wine bottles aren't.

8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's another (probably better) way to do it. I noticed that mentioned in the R46 instructions.

I have a lot of items in my inventory even though I've completed the quests that they would be used in (i.e. virtue gems). It's unclear if these are bugs and the items should have been removed from my inventory, or if the items are still in play for uncompleted quests. I'm not sure what the solution for this should be, but I think the ideal is to not have quest items in ones inventory if they serve no further purpose.

One thing I'd like to see added to this approach would be the ability to successfully use quest items once a quest is completed (as non-tradeable decorations). I realize this is a big use case conundrum, but there must be a way to do it so that we don't have a bunch of worthless quest items hanging around.

Dartan Obscuro and Rennik like this.
  9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Thank you for this good message :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.