Quest objectives that do not clear

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Grimsley, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

Im starting to rack up a lot of quests objectives that dont clear once complete in my journal. Im also noticing a lot of chain type quests dont clear objectives until you complete the chain. Im pretty confused right now to be honest, between quests I've completed that are not cleared and these quest chains that dont clear until you complete the entire thing.

I dread May when I have to leave for 15 days and come back. Im not going to know what I've completed and is just still in my journal, whats part of a quest chain that hasnt been cleared or really whats going on. Obviously I'm going to have to create my own log and forgo the in-game journal to track where I'm at.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Grimsley

Agreed that such is very annoying.

I'd advice posting a bug report on the ones that don't clear.

In the game in the upper right corner you have a Report Bug button. That will bring you to the correct forum with some additional data in your clipboard for easy pasting.

In the past when they have fixed such then one only had to say "hello" to one of the NPCs involved and the task would clear.

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I have one of those... Speak with Khasi... I've already did it but it's still there and no matter how many times I speak to Khasi, it never goes away... could be a bug...

4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I gave up on questing for now until someone figures that out.

I am ok with no big arrows pointing the way and such, but quest entries need to make clear what the problem is, and hint at how to solve it aside using the monkey method

I expect an official to hang out in proximity to an official building for example, not wandering the seedier streets of town.

Stuff like that

Clean up buggy entries

Make entries relevant

Make quests that are as good as the one we have BUT GIVE ME A CHANCE TO FIGURE THINGS OUT BY LOGIC, NOT TRIAL AND ERROR

<ahem> <cough,cough>

Ok, that was my beef with quests (By now the beef is an very big steak but rather chewy in texture)

Tamsen, Synergy Blaize, Ffred and 3 others like this.
  5. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

Odd you mention this because it was one of two quests that didnt clear for me last night that made me create this thread.
    What is even more disappointing is finding some of these quests bug reported years ago on the bug forums with others confirming it. Seeing this really made my gut sink.

Tamsen and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  6. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

Ya, I've searched for these at first when I started seeing them. I think every one I've encountered has been previously reported and also sometimes confirmed by others. I'll try and add my feedback to these as well

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Roycestein Kaelstrom and Spoon like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are these the quests for the Virtue quests (when finishing them you will receive a banner for Love, Courage and Truth)?

8. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

Ya but definitely not exclusive to just those

Jaesun likes this.
  9. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Unfortunately, you're right, I wrote a lot about that, like here for example ;)
    Fortunately, Darkstarr anounced in the Q2 information, that the Quest Journal (and this encloses the tasks on screen) will be polished :)

Jaesun and Grimsley like this.
  10. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Hmm, while i would agree I think posting a bug for EACH quest is a waste of time, there are SEVERAL of them. And i say... waaaaaaay too much of them. I've been playtesting this the last few days. What should happen is a full review, more efficient and faster fix. Maybe there's a general bug on the quests architecture itself that are preventing those to be cleared, must look into this much deeper than a simple report. Anyway... :/

Grimsley likes this.
  11. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

PS: I obviously don't know the implementation details here, but when you finish a quest, there should be a process that just kills anything associated with that quest, related tasks, etc. Like: quest X has Y, Z, W, A, B, C flags... W happens to be active, so kill it. Guess that's it.

12. Grimsley

Grimsley Avatar

That's encouraging news. Thank you.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

In other projects I'd agree with you however just speaking from a slightly jaded experience here. But when I clump lots of issues into a single report then my hit rate of getting them fixed is markedly lower than when I seperate them into one report each.
    Very frustrating for an old besserwisser like me.

Check this out for a typical example:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ce-nux-spoons-qa-feedback-path-of-love.64099/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s-qa-feedback-path-of-love.73009/#post-718111
    I could give you others like it.

So when one logs too many issues in one single report we have been told that it becomes too much to handle. Even when they are positive to the report itself it doesn't generate nearly as many jiras/fixes.

Hence why I advice reporting such issues seperately when one has the energy to do such even when it defies common practices elsewhere.

14. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Something like this has been done and should work better with each release.
    Because of this, feedback and bug reporting is really important to close the gaps ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.