Quest possible?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Nick, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

Would it be possible for talented writers like @enderandrew to collaborate with forward thinkers like @Lord_Darkmoon :p to create a script of unprecedented magnitude.

A quest perhaps, of a man wishing to undo a wrong, and he ask a newly arrived outlander to travel Novia ( and hidden vale ), visiting various POTs, looking for various players like @majoria70 , @Mac2, @Sara Dreygon, to look for clues to solve this mystery.

Players actors (and actresses) will be doing whatever they are doing everyday. They just need to reply simple messages (scripted by ender) to unknown outlanders looking for them. Outlanders have to talk to other players along the way, to ask and find out where these players are. (ie. Look at friend's list. "@Cryodacry left word he's cutting wood at twins foothills, you might find him there.")

Other than acting out the script. Various players can also talk about their expertise, decks, crafting. Perhaps even teach rare emotes that are available to certain pledges. Perhaps when a clue leads to Rinzai, @kaeshiva can bring the outlander to visit the famous crafting Museum.

With Darkmoon around, the script will not be linear of course. Say when @Spoon request the skull of the @The Hatter, the player gives a note from the hatter to explain his innocence, the quest will branch to a different line.

And as usual @Time Lord will be ever present, looking as the quest unfold, starting with a like on this post.

Should this be moved to a wishlist post? I feel there's a high chance @Elgarion can pull this one off with his vast network. Maybe limit the quest to just a few outlanders and maybe invite devs to join as well. (Would be awesome if the quest ends with @Scottie giving the ending narrative to the player.)

A fool's dream :D

hroth, Belladonna Rose, Spoon and 4 others like this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

That's one hell of an idea and definitely something I'd be up for doing. It would be as easy as having a document on my desktop to copy/paste into chat.

Definitely outside the box thinking @Nick. COUNT ME IN!

hroth, CatherineRose and Kara Brae like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Avatar

Thanks Sara. Wonder what the other players think of this. @Stundorn would have been a great quest giver and GM. Alas..... :(

Need a great writer too. @Vyrin @Womby, from all your travels in Novia, is there anyone whom you think have the talent, time and interest to undertake this?

Would be cool if someone did such a quest and streamed it online. Maybe someone can create a series out of it. Some detective series in fantasy setting, with a different story each fortnight. :p

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there was a sort of auto-response thing set up by @Bayridge that might work well here. i can't find the forum post, but i do recall @Amber Raine saying she used it for church services.

hroth likes this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This sounds like many of the early Welcome Quests and a few from time to time that Dara Brae did on our own. Multiple towns, multiple Player Characters to give you directions when you asked them, player characters giving out items and accepting items. All around fun!

hroth and Spoon like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yea we have done a couple of those when players are acting as NPCs.

When Violation was more active he had a couple surrounding his town.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/player-town-vengeance-quests.27508/

Then the Welcome Quests did it so consistently that they got a on be for it.

Also a lot has been done using books and clues in the deco. As static quests.

Like treasure hunts and such.

Womby has had the best of those. Although alas I have not been there in a too long while.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/roleplayers-corner.74033/#post-722104
    @Womby is that one still up?

Spoon's Silly Spectacles ran an elaborate one with the snowmen trying to take over the world.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...sure-hunt-of-478-pic-heavy.44881/#post-497736

We in Lux have three such static/player ones coming shortly, one for the launch release which is just elaborate treasure hunt , one for the Welcome quest with players as well when that hits Lux Sanctuary and one for the release party.

Although I'd love to collaborate on more events.

Etc.

I think there are a lot of it most are just waiting for an audience.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    hroth and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  7. Womby

Womby Avatar

Unfortunately there is no longer any trace of those former efforts (apart from notes and books filed away somewhere). I would love to do something like that again, however.

PS: I believe the diabolical duck hunt in my bookstore in the New Britannia Market is still there. I'll check and report back.

PPS: The ducks are still there. I don't think anybody found all of them last time. If I recall correctly I had to award the prize to the person who found all but one. I'll think up a suitable note and place it on the counter for anyone who wants to test their duck finding skills.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  8. Womby

Womby Avatar

Well that's embarrassing! I'm planning a rooftop feast at my bookstore in the New Britannian Market, and have invited a few friends over to watch the impending cataclysm. I ordered lots of food, including eleven live ducks. (I like my food fresh.) Somehow the ducks escaped and are hiding throughout the store. I can't find any of them.

If you like a challenge, maybe you'd like to try.

PS: There may be a twelfth duck. Or I may have imagined it. That leaking gas in the basement plays tricks on my mind.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  9. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I would be up for that..Would be fun and a good way to introduce people to others in the world

hroth likes this.
  10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

When I wrote NPC dialogue for some of the cities, I also submitted quest ideas that aligned with the dialogue. I don't believe any were included and I was told Port no longer intends to accept any crowd-sourced writing anymore.

I didn't fully flesh out any of the quest ideas. I just wrote some some descriptions. If they wanted to implement that I would have expanded them. I didn't write these to be lengthy or incredible story quests. I suggested these as simple side quests to flesh out the cities more. If Port was interested in proper story quests with some nice virtue hooks I could have submitted those, but again, I don't think they were ever interested in quest submissions from the community.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZGrWNs5zPvkJ10zExgvDdDItdAX1-gzmX13DS2RdzgY/edit?usp=sharing

Nick, hroth and Spoon like this.
  11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Nick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.