Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quest XP vs. Required XP

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Elfenwahn, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Hi @Chris and Hi @Lum the Mad,
    maybe you should converge with the character balancing side (Chris) and the Quest Reward side (Lum).

As I now played 2,5 main quests and several minor quests, lets count numbers:
    We get 3x 100.000 XP for finishing the main quest and to prepare for the Oracle.
    Maybe another 100.ooo XP for all minor quest (rough guess based on 30 quest with 3.000 XP each).
    And a total of 100.000 XP for minor enemies (very rough guestimate).
    We have a total of 500.000 XP.

Lets create a character out of this (I try to extrapolate downwards based on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfkclgZFOlF6FQu5VlHowOzRbsnpkkAha2_-7kOFLYQ/edit)

1 Mainskill (Basic Attack) at Level 80 (~180.000 XP)
    1 Attribute on Level 50 (~ 100 XP)
    2 Attributes on Level 40 (~40.000 XP each)
    1 Defense Skill on Level 60 (~ 25.000 XP)
    2 Attack Skills at level 50 (10.000 XP each)
    1 Passive Skills at level 50 (40.000 XP)
    1 Spell at Level 60 (25.ooo XP)
    3 Spells at Level 50 (10.000 XP)

Total of 500.000 XP. Still quite low level. Nearly no diversity (he can hardly get his deck full).

I rather doubt that our new player has any chance to enjoy the quest. Especially as he gets the major Quest XP only after winning big battles (e.g. Anapa) and long time after he passed through the 5 Skull passes.

1. think we need to increase the number of side quests by a factor of 10 (=1 Mio Exp by small quests).
    2. And we need to increase the the XP per Quest by factor of 10 (= 10 Mio Exp for side quests, 3 Mio Exp for Main quest).

This might allow to play the game without the need for aimless "adventure scene slaughtering". 2. is easily done. For first I hope that you collected the last 4 years thousands of nice ideas on paper and just have to hack them in to the game quickly.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    mass and discipleofweb like this.
  2. mass

mass Avatar

I think most new players would respond positively to being able to complete main quests without significant interruption an emerging from the finale' with a mature character able to adventure in most of the world on their own.

discipleofweb likes this.
  3. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Yeah supposed to be the main rpg moment... having to tell newbies to start grinding bigtime to complete it is bad news. And putting all kinds of filler quests in like a lot of bad games do, please don't :p

4. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Quests yes. dump tasks no. :)

5. Xenix Brastar

Xenix Brastar Avatar

I think solo instances are needed for the main quests lines, because let us be honest, there isn't a huge flow of newbie players crowding eachother out, and looking for parties.... Otherwise open the game up again for trial accounts, and do some advertisement once the main quests are polished/complete. Just find it hard being a solo player, and trying to find books in high level areas, or exploring areas that would be easier with multiple people / active low level stealth.

6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I would like the rewards to be increased since the Love Path has high requirements to advance - the dungeons that are required to pass through to advance the story can be challenging. I am doing another run through of the quests and the second dungeon of the Love Path was tough even after completing the Truth Path and getting that reward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.