Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Questing and Keywords - A Suggestion

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Vyrin, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

After completing the path of love, I have to say that the keyword trigger system really made it tough to understand what was happening at certain points of the story. Instead of a narrative that flows logically forward, sometimes the dialogue had gaps, or I would get information I wasn't expecting, and I had to backtrack to fully understand it. This happened many, many, many times - especially in the Necropolis and Malice. Another related issue was that keywords are often underlined, only to give a response that doesn't fit the context of what was just said and was meant to be triggered in another way. It really downgraded the enjoyment because the dialogue felt so unnatural.

Please, in order to facilitate storytelling, consider having a long introductory dialogue with the key characters that presents information in an orderly way. Even if it involves hitting "continue" several times and letting other characters talk between themselves for a while, do it. Then the keywords can "fill in" other information from the story that would be interesting to know and could be clicked in any order.

This is not a case for asking it to be dumbed down. I shouldn't have to take 10 sentences and rearrange them into a story before I can enjoy it, or get led down rabbit holes with keywords that trigger out of order and out of context.

I know you @Lum the Mad are limited by the system you were asked to design with... but please consider this longer opening dialogue idea.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.