Question about a house

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Deana Beretta, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deana Beretta

Deana Beretta Avatar

When looking through houses available in the game, I see that there is a wood & plaster 2-story with balcony home. Available in both village and town sizes. Is this house the exact same floor plan in both cases? Or is the town model larger in footprint? I have the village version (placed on a village plot) and it takes up most of the available space on the plot. If I had a town-sized plot (and the town version of the house), would it be the same sized house (and we'd have a much larger "yard" in the town lot?), or is the house the same floorplan (walls/rooms/doors/stairs are in the same locations), but larger in size? (eg, just stretch the house out so every dimension is 1.5x or 1.75x or 2x the dimensions of the village version).

If they are the exact same home, then is there a difference between placing the village-sized house on the town lot vs placing the town-sized home on the town lot?

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

The town model is the same footprint but is rotated on the lot so the balcony faces the front of the lot and you have a front yard and back yard. The village one takes up the entire lot and the balcony faces the side of the lot instead of the lot marker.

Bayard, Jaesun, Retlaw and 2 others like this.
  3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

You can always place a smaller home on a larger lot, not the other way round. But some houses (like the 2 story plaster and wood balcony home) look weird-ish on larger lot due to their orientation...

4. Deana Beretta

Deana Beretta Avatar

thanks so much for the responses!
    Another question (regarding greenhouses)
    How much green-house space could be stuffed in a town-sized lot if you had the town-sized house?
    How about if you placed the village-house on the town lot (is one or the other orientation more friendly towards placing green houses?)

Also, if you had a house model with decent roof space (thinking of something like the viking town greathall or something) could a greenhouse be placed on the roof of a home?

I ask because I currently own 2 tax free POT village lots, and I'm contemplating trading them both in for a tax free POT town lot (if I could find someone interested in the offer), but it depends on the greenhousing questions.

5. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

You're in a buy/sell forum right now - if you have more questions about housing in general I think it's best this is continued in the general housing forum.

Edit - I see thread was moved - good luck with your farming :)

6. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

If it’s farming you are after, I would go with a row lot greenhouse places in the town lot and surround it with old iron greenhouses.

I don’t think a greenhouse would fit into a town house in a town size lot. At least I haven’t seen one yet.

7. Deana Beretta

Deana Beretta Avatar

Unfortunately, we want both, a home, and a place to grow (mostly just our most used reagents). We have 2 village lots right now, one with a house on it, and the other with a row house (for the greenhouse). And we're (my wife and I) contemplating trading in the 2 village lots for a town lot, provided we could still grow our reagents.

8. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

You get the same square feet going from two village lots to a town lot but your external deco limit drop by 100 to 700. So pretty much you get to grow less with a town lot.

Something to look into is the small greenhouse sold on the COTO vendor. However, they don’t come cheap.

Also, you can play around with your idea when QA server open back up. Just have a friend Co-owner you to the town lot to test out your ideas first before making the switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.