Question about skills and deck building

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by FanofIolo, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

Two questions today:
    1. I had increased my level in some innate skill and now in the skill tree the icon for that skill is simply black, although it does show that my level is increased. Does this have some significance?

2. I first tried a random deck and now I am using a locked deck. I discovered that I can only use one glyph per skill in a locked deck. My conclusion is, when using a locked deck one should only invest skill points in the grey innate skills and not acquire more than one glyph in each of the red glyphs. Is this correct? If so, switching decks between random and locked decks is not really possible.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The first sounds like a bug. Please report it with as much detail as you can here.

For the second, I believe a locked deck has a trade-off of a higher focus cost while being less random. So you have either play-style available to you. I like that option. I still go random, but I don't have that many skills because I want to focus on a few and have them come up all the time, so I buy a lot of innante skills (including the one in Heavy Armor that reduces armor slug while giving me a strength bonus).

Someone will eventually do the math and figure out min-maxxed builds, but that is what I go with currently.

3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Having additional levels in an active glyph decreases the focus cost when that glyph is used in a locked slot.

So, yes, there is a benefit to acquiring the extra levels, for both combat-styles. :)

enderandrew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.