Question about the 10% bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Royou, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Water Front Lot!

Keira, The One and Lord Royou like this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

Oh. They're called WaterCity, WaterVillage and WaterTown Lots in the game now....

It occurred to me that they aren't nearly as versatile as other lots and hence not as valuable as I'd considered.

For village, It's like 3 possible structures compared to like 15 or something crazy out of whack.

licemeat, StarLord and Lord Royou like this.
  3. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

ahh, ok...but thats just the number of your sota account

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah your userid has nothing to do when your lot selection window. It's all about the money

5. Royou

Royou Avatar

I'll wait to see on that, as when I placed my KS pledge there were only 18 other pledges showing on the page, I've always presumed that after the link and that number came up that that was my allocation number, could be better yet then :) my partners account is 69k something.

6. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

So I just got my 10% bonus today... it was just added into my total?
    so how can I use it?

7. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

It's just a 10% credit on your pledge. You can't use it in the Addon Store or Stretch Goal Store. If you want to go a tier higher, this is a nudge in that direction. Otherwise hopefully it'll be enough to get you priority placement within your subtier at launch.

8. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

:p
    raspberries
    and the add on store and stretch goal doesn't benefit the pledge balance hehehahahalololol

Arianna, Lord Royou and Lord Trenyc like this.
  9. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Raspberries indeed!

Arianna and Lord Royou like this.
  10. Royou

Royou Avatar

I have mine as well but has narked me off, as I paid $680 as I melted down Items from the store yet the only bonus I got was $60 which is $8 short, what I got was a discount of the direct payment, going to stop go and have a breather as don't want to say more as am very pissed at the moment.

11. ASFx

ASFx Avatar

So we really can't use the bonus money towards addons? This seems like an oversight as it makes no sense at all to have bonus money in our account that we can't use. I upgraded to lord marshal during the 10% bonus period with the impression that the bonus money would actually be useful for something, and not just numbers in my account.

Lord Royou likes this.
  12. Beli

Beli Avatar

Well, my plan was to update to Lord Marshall which would take me to 2200, and then I was hoping on a 10% bonus of that, not what it took me to pledge to Lord Marshall, which was 560, so instead of getting 220 added to my pledge I got 56, guess I just didn't interpret it right. But anyways it will help if I decide to to go to Barron 3 before the end of all theses betas.

Lord Royou and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  13. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

It's no oversight. It was set that way since the beginning. Whether you find it actually useful for anything is up to you. Personally, I'm on the same page as Lord Bimmer. Raspberries!
    Sorry Beli. It's 10% of whatever your upgrade was, not 10% of your overall pledge.

14. ASFx

ASFx Avatar

That's pretty frustrating. The only reason i didn't buy a Lord Marshal account from the marketplace section of this forum was because of the 10% bonus. Now i realize i spent hundreds of dollars more than I had to for the Lord Marshal upgrade :/

Lord Royou likes this.
  15. Debcool

Debcool Avatar

Salut,
    I also feel very disappointed about this too.
    I read it many times the ad and never clearly understood it that way either.
    I would never make the upgrade if I knew it.

I completely disagree with you.
    The exemple was clear: "If you already have a Patron level and upgrade to Ancestor (275$), you'll received 28$ as bonus (27.5 rounded to 28)." Wich was just my case. Unfortunatly, I can't find the 28$, I just found 8$...
    There is clearely something wrong about this.

Sorry, I've just retreive the update and I clearely misread it. I am not a native, my mother tong is French...

I suggest, for next time (if happen), to put a link to a clear table that we can read and get the information without confusion.

Thanks in advance.

A+
    Debcool

Olahorand, Mata and Lord Royou like this.
  16. Floors

Floors Avatar

I feel like Portalarium has bent over backwards to give out hundreds of awards and give us free money and pledge upgrades and continuing founder rewards and pretty much address many of the concerns brought up on the forums, and it saddens me to see people worried about 8 bucks here or a 100 bucks there when they're already in for 2 grand.

Really.. you can't please people

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  17. ASFx

ASFx Avatar

2 grand is still 2 grand. With the way you're talking about it, you must be rich, but I am not. Spending hundreds of dollars more than I had to for the same pledge level is still a significant loss to me since I will have to fork out even more money to get the addons I wanted. I am not interested in giving people or companies my hard-earned money and not getting what I expected in return. I am also not going to pretend Portalarium is bending over backwards for me or trying to do me favors by offering all these rewards. They are in the business to make money, after all.

The pledge bonus offer should have came with a warning that anyone considering upgrade should buy the next lower pledge level than the one they wanted, so they could then use the bonus towards their final upgrade. I've already contacted support about this huge oversight and will post their response here.

18. Debcool

Debcool Avatar

"...give us free money..."
    What are U talking about? They "give" virtual bonus on ours money, that's it!
    Called "Business" by some guys.

I guess you're not in ITC to talk like this. And if you're in, you realy should realize that putting huge(or not) amount of money for something completely virtual wich is created once, will simply be copied as much as needed for free(no cost for the company). Tis not a gift!

BTW, 8$ could feed a person once... imagine how many people could be fed with all the "money" lost in these confusions.

Thanks Lord Marshal ASFx for your reply. I completely agree with you. I must add 1buk is 1 buk, it's not a question of quantity.

Olahorand, Mata and Lord Royou like this.
  19. Floors

Floors Avatar

We're at the same pledge level, so it does not follow. Anyone nuts enough to spend 2200 dollars on an unreleased game is in the same boat and certainly not badly off no matter what metric you use.

No one is forcing you to spend money. You can't blame a company for making you "fork out" money for add ons you want.
    We're getting over 100 rewards already, it's totally nuts how much stuff we're getting...
    It's absurd to complain about this! How do you think 45 dollar adventurers feel about you and your add-ons ?

How is giving people a chance to get 10 percent of their money added back onto their pledge total from recent pledges now a 'huge oversight' ?
    Regardless of how they did it, it's something they certainly didn't have to do, as "a company in the business to make money", right ?

Anyway, you've completely proven my point.

20. ASFx

ASFx Avatar

Continuing to mention all the rewards we're already getting is a moot point. They are simply giving me what I paid for (overpaid for). There is nothing special about giving someone what they paid for. Im not blaming them for making me pay more money for add-ons. Im asking them to give me my bonus credit they promised me in a way that I can actually use it. Is that too much to ask for? Do you really think it's absurd for me to speak my mind after realizing I spent hundreds of dollars more than I had to in order to upgrade to Lord Marshal? Looking at all my bonus money sitting there in an unusable state is very frustrating.

The huge oversight is the fact that a lot of people (myself included) upgraded to their desired pledge levels thinking that they'd get a nice 10% bonus that they could use towards add-ons. The way they structured the pledge bonus was very messy and the page about the 10% bonus should have made it very clear that people should only upgrade to the level before their final desired pledge level, so they could use their bonus towards that.

Sure they didn't have to offer the 10% bonus. They don't have to do anything. They also sure didn't do it as a favor just to be nice. Portalarium isn't in the business of doing favors to people. Everything they do is a business decision to get more funds flowing in, most likely because the flow of pledges has been pretty stale lately.

What point is that exactly? So far you're basically saying I should just ignore the fact that all my bonus money is locked up in an unusable state, and I should just be happy with all these wonderful glorious gifts Portalarium has bestowed upon me. I'm sorry but I can not subscribe to that cult mentality.

In any case, i'll post the response I get from support in this thread so everyone else who has stuck bonus money can see what the end result will be.

Debcool likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.