Question of Karma/Reputation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ysold, Jun 30, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi folks,

Here's another question for you, this time about Karma/Reputation. Basically, is it true that Karma/Reputation works for the account and not for the actual character?
    I'll explain: I have 1 account and 2 characters. One of them plays the goodie goodie and the other has a some not-so-nice traits. Lately, guards have started to growl at her (and with reason). But: the guards are growling at my goodie goodie character too! And at the oracle, she has to answer the Honesty question with "No" to receive a bonus, while I think has been quite truthful all the time.
    So that's where my question comes from.

Do any of you know how this is arranged?

Ysold (proud co-worker at the wonderful Soryn Fields market)

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Yes, that's correct. Characters are NOT judged on the basis of their own actions, but on the virtue (or lack of same) of every alt on the account.

I believe (although haven't been able to completely confirm) that in at least some cases, virtue is also saved on a per-computer basis, rather than per-account. So if you have two separate accounts running on the same computer, their virtue may get muddled together too. (Once in a while, that is, not most of the time.)

Net and Ysold like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The virtue is shared between each character on an account. If you actually want a character with low virtue you will need to make a new account and character and do various not so virtuous things.

A quick way to keep an eye on low virtue is to try and visit the Jack of Diamonds. If you are way too goodie goodie they won’t let you in there....

4. Net

Net Avatar

What, Jack of Diamonds does not ignore all the characters but just the good guys? He never told me I am too good, or at least I do not remember, stopped talking to him a long while ago because it was pointless.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They don’t like people with high virtue. Although I think (?) you can have like 1 low virtue and then they will then allow you on the Jack of Diamonds. I’d have to actually check and confirm that first though.

Sadly, there’s really no point going there anyways. It’s neat to check out though.....

Net likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you can get someone in party who can talk their way on, you can click on their shield on the overworld and enter their instance. just don't talk to the guards while you're up there...

it's quite a beautiful scene.

Elgarion, Net and Anpu like this.
  7. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Thanks all, again!

*goes off to google Jack of Diamonds*

Edit: Sounds exiting and fun!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.