Question of staffs

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ysold, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

For my newbie mage/basher/treasure hunter character I decided on using a staff, because it's fun and fitting to the role and has a pretty good bash! Now that I played her a bit I've been looking for a decent staff to use, not an uber one, mind, but one that does a bit more damage or has nicer attributes than the standard NPC-bought staff. I visited a lot of player-vendors and have found tons of decent weapons, but no staff.... In loot I found plenty nice newbie weapons too, but never a staff that is better than the standard staff.
    So what's up? Is it impossible to craft staffs? Or too expensive? Or do people think they suck? Or is the standard staff the best there is for newbies?

*puzzled*
    Ysold.

Lord Aventine and Elgarion like this.
  2. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

g mornin @Ysold
    If you like, supply the materials and I will make you one to suit.
    You will need about
    15 silver ingots
    15 gold ingots
    40 timber in your wood of choice. ( if you want the exotic woods you will need the things like pine resin maple bark , sooty bark etc)
    about 50 wax.
    I am Kaizen Strava in game, friend me if you like. i will be on after 6 PM central

Elgarion likes this.
  3. crummel

crummel Avatar

@Ysold Go to Aerie, there is a scholar Ariel Rosehaven standing close to the fountain on Merchant Plaza. Ask her about her gear and she will send you to find some missing shipment in a mine, and your reward will be some mage gear and the Mighty Cudgel of Obvious Truth - a staff.

Or, if you are looking for crafted, either see Kaizen above, or go to Crafters Town, close to Brittany. Walk just straight in, third row there should be a trader labelled FUSTIAN AND BARD WEAPONS, he has several Ashen Staffs, if you first want to look at some staffs. There are probably more staffs on the other traders, depending on magic school/damage, but the one I mentioned is the one I remember. Just look around.

Sole, Elgarion and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

There is also Silverdale Market that does staves.

The reason you might see less staves than wands is a factor of it allows more diversity, like allowing the use of a weapon or a shield while holding the wand, compared to the staff that cannot do that.

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Thanks all for your suggestions! I'll check out the markets you mentioned. And see if my level if high enough to do that quest (probably not).
    And start farming gold and silver ore :)

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

And special thanks to crummel, for pointing me to the quest. I now wield a Mighty Cudgel of Obvious Truth.

Sole, crummel, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  7. crummel

crummel Avatar

Glad it worked out and I hope you enjoyed it. But this staff is just the start and you definitively will want to look into much better crafted staffs later.

8. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Ysold
    I have some staffs that I crafted to raise level that are sitting in my chest. You are welcome to come by and look. Add me in game and then you can tele to friend or visit my town "Belly of the Snake" in Mistrendur. My in game name is same as forum Warrior B'Patrick. What is yours and I will add you. Also what Armor and fighting style are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.