Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Question on death 'decay'.

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by CrandalltheFoole, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I have read the notes, and understand that there is no decay in POT/PRT or on the overland map.
    As I am reading it, basically there is not decay in weapons or armor unless you are in a place where you can die due to NPC or PVP.
    Here is the question (based on the above):
    When you are in a POT that is listed as PVP is there weapon/armor decay? If there is no one else there, you could still die from falling.
    Am I just confused on how I read it?
    Thanks

2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I don't think they're referring to weapon and armor damage/durability.

3. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Decay upon death is only about losing adventurer experience when you die on any skill above level 40 (or from your XP pool, if you have enough XP in that pool to cover the loss you incur).

It does sound like you're talking about a completely different and unrelated thing called weapon/item/armor durability wear. Almost all items in the game incur some "wear and tear" when used. A bow takes on wear as you shoot arrows from it. Armor takes wear when you get hit. Tools, when you craft/salvage/etc. Most things that take on wear in this way can be repaired. Most items have a max durability that gradually decreases until you get to the point where said item is no longer repairable. Gold Crowns of the Osidians (CotA) will allow you to repair something back up to its max durability again, but they are pricey (2000+ gp normally).

When you die, I do not believe there is an impact to item/weapon/armor durability (item wear) at all. I could be wrong about that one. If there is an impact to durability when you die, it is pretty minor.

Does some of this help?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there is. if you rez at an ankh or by spell, it's pretty minor. it's a bit more serious if you wait for the timer.

MaverickJesterX and Nikko like this.
  5. MaverickJesterX

MaverickJesterX Avatar

Oh! I did not notice this yet. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.