Question - POT Map

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Graynight, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Hey guys;

Is there a tool or command or something that allows a POT owner to see an overview of the POT Map, including where lots are placed?

I find myself forgetting where I placed Lot markers, to the point I carry around a Town Crier just so I can use the compass to guide me to them :p

Duke Gréagóir and Retlaw like this.
  2. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I have lost trees I've placed in my PoT too when trying various layouts. Something that shows any placed item would be useful.

3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Pull a village lot out of your inventory and hold it out in the open but dont place it. All the other lots pop up green and easy to see.

Duke Gréagóir and Budner like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If you go to the town crier you can see lots placed and set it to your compass to go to them but they are all named the same, just like the "U" menu which has been asked to have more details for over a year.

As for all your deco items, sure I could see them highlight like lots when oyu have a deed in your had would be nice.

5. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

I actually run around with a paver out, ready to place. That shows me the green border of all my deco. I just wish I had a 'satellite' (overhead) visual that I could reference.

StarLord and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Tip:
    Check bank see if you have a map of your POT template. If so put in inventory and double click.
    You will get a mini map. Then whenever you place something, like lots, in the wild you turn and face the direction and first write
    /loc
    in chat, and then print screen.

If bank doesn't have a map of your template, cry, report it, then use the /loc + print screen without map.

Will save you plenty of future headaches.

Retlaw likes this.
  7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Or get your POT on sotamap and edit sotamap live.

Ravalox, Womby and Lazarus Long like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Only works with lots - so not a catch all solution.
    Like @Retlaw forgetting where he plants trees.

So my solutions is faster and "better", if one don't mind sorting the pics now and then after a deco session.

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No, there isn't... It's something that I've longed for for some time now; the ability to take a 'screenshot' of the whole scene highlighting placed lots...
    • Bonus point for differentiating between claimed and unclaimed.
    • Double bonus points for notation of by whom a lot is claimed.
    • Triple bonus points for a notation of how the reservation options are set on unclaimed lots.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  10. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

POTs are in general very poorly delivered. They cost a lot, but for all this money you only get a big area of nothing and ability to place very limited amount of static objects. It felt catchy to me at first, so I went for it. Now, seeing how few objects I can place and how little I can actually do in this little virtual world of mine, I wish I hadn't. For this kind of money, I was expecting Portalarium to at least PLAN to add more functionality in POTs and give POT owners a lot more tools... All they do now, just ask me to spend even more money, without even increasing the number of placeable items... I hate to be negative, but this service is done on such an amateur level, as far as functionality goes... *sigh*

11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

More tools are coming on the way according to Q4 plan. It gets pushed back due to other items on the higher priority are taking longer to implement.

12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

And I'll have to totally disagree with your statement overall. All that information was available, how much square footage, how many NPC's and NPC building and the amount of deco and lighting. The system itself has been developing at a steady pace IMHO, deco and light limits were doubled and the intent is to make them even higher.. I said it long ago, a LOT of folks jumped into this WITHOUT doing any homework, then want to blame the system.

Had to be said.

Onto the OP, I would love such a veiw and hopefully we will get it. For now I use SOTAMAP to keep up with everything I do in the towns I work with. Works out nice for me, then again I use 2 screens so easy for me to cross reference stuff.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Womby like this.
  13. Graynight

Graynight Avatar

Overall, I am quite happy with my POT. Granted there are some things that I would love to see in the future, but the fact is I bought what was offered. General location on the world map, X amount of Decos to be placed, X amount of Lights to be placed, X amount of Square Footage, and template from a selection.

Everything else that comes along is an extra bonus. I love my town as it stands, and I've heard no complaints from the residents. If Portalarium gives us more stuff for our towns, I'll be happy. If Portalarium doesn't give us more stuff.... yeah, still be happy.

Lazarus Long and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  14. Womby

Womby Avatar

I'd just like to mention that SotA Navigator and SotAMapper exist, and allow you to record the locations of various items.

Lazarus Long and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  15. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I saw the Elf tents could not be placed in a POT and asked @DarkStarr in the forums about it and he said they would add them. They have a lot to do in the game, but if you make a reasonable request, they always give it consideration. The game is ever developing and POT's are included in that. There are issues that have to be addressed before limits can be raised on decorations and what deco can be added. They don't have a magic wand to make everything happen at once, we need to give them time to work on things. :)

EDIT: Remember they have to work on performance issues, what PVE players want, what PVP players want, what POT owners want, what the developers see as changes for balance..the list is huge.:)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Sean Silverfoot and majoria70 like this.
  16. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

I would appreciate, if along with all the fancy add-on items in SOTA store, they would actually work at the same time on POT's capacity. What's the point of buying all these items from the Add-on store, if I can only place them, after removing already placed objects. They are pouring water into an already full glass. And they just keep pouring and pouring...

I would be a LOT more inclined to spend more money on SOTA store, if I wasn't so limited with my POT's capacity on placeable items... I see little logic behind what they do, but it seems to bring profit, otherwise they wouldn't continue on doing the same thing...

17. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Wow, first off there is NO profit being made. There are salaries and bills being paid and money planned out so they keep at least 12 months worth of time. I believe that has been stated numerous times by Portalarium. Their revenue has been estimate by those that do that stuff, to be pretty much on target as stated as recently as SOTACON 2016 by LB.

Diviersity, the point of all PoT owners making their town unique! Each of the races being highlighted and allowing backers to choose. Do you want your town to have a unique flavor? I do. The more the better.

And that is exactly what they are doing! R37 is the first mainly performance related release in quite awhile if I remember. What's holding back more deco items? Performance.

We're getting closer to the time where it may come. Meanwhile ....plan. Last time they made an adjustment it was double the amount in deco and lighting. Take a look at what you might do with that kind of increase. Or do you just need a bigger town for what you want to do. All IMHO

18. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I have to agree here. The POT system is one of the better implemented portions of the product.

19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing thread at the request of the OP.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.