QUESTION TIME! What keeps you playing this game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snakyy, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

I'm definitely feeling this too.

2. Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave Avatar

The relentless grind and watching all those numbers slowly creeping up.

The imperceptible increases in my damage output, especially when I notice something yellow actually goes green.

The surprise and hasty retreat when you wonder where that door, or shady path goes in a new Tier-4 region and find a couple of red guys bearing down on you.

I like the different scenes with the (usually) predictable difficulty / enemies / resources so I can easily manage the level of challenge I fancy for the evening. The scenes are different enough to keep it enjoyable too.

I really like the customization I've been able to do in my house in Jaanasford although there seems to be a lack of the more basic furniture/housing crafting recipes around to buy. Where the hell are basic tables and chairs etc, or the sturdy bed I need as an ingredient for the better bed recipes I could find and buy?

Really hope the next chapter will attract a good influx of fresh players to make it more alive in general.

Synergy Blaize and Witcheypoo like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Friends.
    The ones who brought me here and the ones I've made since.
    Were it not for friends to adventure and party with, I'd have left at that one horrid moment Chris decided his death penalty was a good idea.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    StarLord, Bigg, Cordelayne and 4 others like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

The reason why I keep playing this game?

This man = @Lord British

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The main point for me is the limitless build system. The fact that I dont need to create a 2nd character to try out a new playstyle, That I don't have to go and repeat the same beginner stuff endless amounts of times to get back to my current zone. The fact that if today I want to use Water magic with my spears, and tomorrow death magic, and the day after that cpmbine all three, and nothing stops me, but also that I can do my thing, and quickly stop and get some tanking setup to help out my friends.

Bayard, gtesser, majoria70 and 4 others like this.
  6. Brian4

Brian4 Avatar

RMT, One Avatar to rule them all, Not being a Crafter, Not being a Hard Core Collector, Not Interested in Fancy Mansions. Nothing wrong with any of that but for me, I just don't need but being able to make money off those things and upgrading my gear and playing with stats. Figuring out what skills I can use to complement my playstyle and being able to switch to any archetype avatar I need Tank/Mage/Healer/Damage dealer. Being able to go to Party or Private mode when I feel like it. Eating popcorn and watching the forums. Grinding like crazy at Upper Tears and taking breaks. That is Epic I've played games and I'm sure many have when you grind there is no break after 30-45 mins more like 6- however many hours you can play. How easy this game is at high levels. The anticipation for some capped or balanced PVP. Episodes 2-5. Telethons love em. I can probably think of a lot more things but will leave it at that for now.

Thanks
    Boo Ladedada

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol maybe I should shake my finger and say ah ah ah;). J/k ;)

Anyway what keeps me here is many things. Such as:

-Of course other players

-the housing system

-I love the music system with the ability to sync music and make sheet music to share it with others.

-I love that we got more clothing options and dyes and heels for our ladies to wear.

-I love living in a player owned town that has active players in it to chat in the streets sometimes and play songs with me.

-I love that we have so much opportunity in this game of things to do like fishing, PvP, agriculture, crafting, music, questing, puzzles, traps, and lots of areas to explore.

-I love that if we rally strong as a community with constructive viable feedback that the devs will listen and do their best given what resources they have to work with they will try to give us what we want.

-I love that this is a young game that still has the opportunity to add so much wonderful to it.

- I love that we will be getting things like treasure hunting, boating with fishing and sea monsters and pvp sea battles, also the upcoming dungeon building, castle sieges and the trials, and of course mounts which I want to have the ability to give us horse racing and hurdle jumping too. Please @Devs!

-I love that this is our virtual world and that what we do is given by many choices we have. Like a day I have could consist of topping off my vendor, planting more Cotton to make more sheet music, running to do something with my friend Luca since we are on different time zones, and much more.

I'm looking forward to future updates bringing us more creatures, more details and updates to current systems, more recipes, and more options to make quality of life things happen such as a multitasking journal and an achievement system. I will be rallying for these to happen. ;)

So for anyone doubting I understand the frustrations of waiting and wanting I've been here since almost the beginning but this is a thread on what you like and is just as important too.

Edited

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

like most places, i am here for the loots.

:)

1) the community is reasonably awesome
    2) the game play and progression is good enough
    3) there is enough to do to keep me from getting bored to the point where i have to take month long breaks
    4) watching a game grow through it's toddler years is fascinating to me
    5) have you seen my sweet hat and pipe?

Verit, StarLord, Astirian and 2 others like this.
  9. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

1) The ability to RMT
    2) A deep and intimate friendship with both the game's developers and forum moderators
    3) The freedom to play the game my way without hand holding or roadblocks
    4) Several Arch-nemesis' and the e-fame they keep generating for me
    5) Winning. Never played a game where I kept winning over and over and over quite so often.
    6) The overall potential, even if basic content seems to be flowing in at a snail's pace

10. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

Simply put: The Roleplaying. There is a small community of very dedicated role-players, but it is keeping me here log after I complete the main storyline, twice.

The combat system is fun, I love the deck system. It is all good.
    The housing and decoration is great too.
    And the potential and constant updates.

11. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

The atmosphere, the feeling of the world, the sights, the sounds.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Rufus helped make my farming dream a reality!!

Thank You, Rufus!!

[​IMG]

CatherineRose likes this.
  13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

• i dont know any other game that caters to and indulge players on items, decorations, crafting and housing to this degree
    • virtual assets and property have real money value
    • game is RMT friendly
    • graphics are not cartoony (i.e. WoW graphics = no, just no)
    • large sandbox world with many things to do

14. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I'm not going to candy-coat this spicy take: I keep playing because I want to be around when this baby gets balanced and polished. I started playing way after persistence had begun. Half of me wishes I had raced out of the gate to get my adventure level as high as I was capable of. But my better half know that would have been doubly poor of a choice to make. Were I adventure level 125 by now, I would be far more critical of the very slow progress on issues and thethe back-and-fo balancing decisions. I would not be having as much fun as I am now.

I'm having fun because I accidentally discovered what works best for me, have committed myself to that playstyle, and I can perceive the future potential of maintaining that playstyle and therefore, maintain my continuing enjoyment of this "MMO".

So yes, I enjoy the game more now than I did at the early stages of my experience.

But I like exploring, tweaking, fiddling, and discovering, and my own perception of reward for my at times, seemingly weird choices in direction and amount of effort.

This game has a lot of ways for me to explore unconventional applications of the intrinsic systems. But the performance is appalling for this stage of life for any game. Priorities are not correctly placed and they don't get seen through to satisfactory states before changing emphasis onto a new and complex element, that is often difficult to implement in an acceptable state of design.

Polish and fun need to be parts of the vision from beginning the implementation, not an afterthought at best.

Don't lawyer me bro.

15. amarious

amarious Avatar

The potential.
    The people I've met and call friends.
    Progressing my skills.
    Putting a lot of work into something and having it pay off.
    The environment is beautiful and easy to get lost in. The world feels alive.
    PvP is getting better.
    Each release I see improvements.
    Knowing that that there are others who are as passionate about this dumb game as I am.

In the words of Laz and Jack, I love this ****!

16. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

@amarious I really appreciate your take on this original question. Makes me feel less alone when I am "just playing a game".

Good sht my dude.

CatherineRose, amarious and FrostII like this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The community here is amazing.
    I enjoy crafting, housing and the player economy.
    The potential for this game.

Woodchuck, Lesni and Boo Ladedada like this.
  18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You @ebonmark need to hook up with Majoria or Lace ingame..... ;)

19. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

- Steam Achievements

20. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

In game I go by "Hyperlight Drifter".

CatherineRose likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.