Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Questions about static deck.

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Borg, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I did, but like I said anytime I'm having to look a the combat bar all the time I found it too distracting. So for me and my play style the fully locked deck worked the best. A lot of this will boil down to peoples play styles. I have friends that can tell you every combo move for every game out there and have far better 'twitch' skills then me and they'll love the unlocked deck system to make combos with. I can't do that so my style is better suited to the locked deck. With my peripheral vision I can see a skill come active and click it with a finger because i know that 1 is thrust, 2 is double thrust... etc... I don't have to stare at the bar to see which glyph it is.

the other really big disadvantage with mixed mode is that you have to spend a lot of points trying to do both methods. With a fixed deck i only had to spend points on those things that directly worked for fixed decks... likewise for fully open decks. if you have a mixed one, you'll spend far more points trying to get the advantages of both.

Isaiah [MGT] likes this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

This is why they should give any disadvantage for those who want to play a locked deck. If the random cards are so much better, then don't give a negative multipliers to people who want to use a static tool bar. That only seems reasonable. If the random cards aren't an advantage then why even have them in the first place? The idea that it simulates combat seems rather weak to me. I was never sold on that.

I liked the random deck in R8 because it appeared to be advantageous, but in R9 the random deck felt more of a hindrance this time around (which is what many people were arguing about months ago... and now their argument is proven valid).

docdoom77 and cartodude like this.
  3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

This is only in regards to pve... I suck at pvp. And my tests are only against elves and kobolds to give me constants to compare things to. Pvp is too variable to test what i wanted to test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.